The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Live 8 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi guys and gals.

For those that have been living under a rock this past 2 months. Today is/was the Live 8 concerts that are bringing attention to the problems in Africa to the 8 most powerful men in the world at the G8 conference, which is due to take place this week in Edinburgh, Scotland.

They aren't raising money, only asking for you to sign your name on the website so they can take it to the leaders as a show of hands of all the people who are against this crime.

For more info and to add your name go to http://www.live8live.com its very important that everyone takes part.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Definetely guys, PLEASE SIGN THIS! This is very important to do so. Be a part of history and use your voice to help this cause.It takes literally 10 seconds and that is it. You have done your part as far as this. The reward could be incredibly great for that 10 seconds if you do so.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
450 Posts

Profile of johnra
I signed and it only takes a couple of seconds its a great cause and you don't have to pay a single penny.
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Done. Thanks for the reminder.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for bringing this here!

:wave:
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
What problems in Africa?
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Partizan,
You can't be serious. They had a Live 8 concert in London. I'm sure you have heard something about it. I mean, Pink Floyd even came back together to play at Live 8. You know it must mean something for a group to work out its differences, if only for a little while, to make a difference.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
What I don't understand about this is, how come over 3 BILLION people watched this event, and only 26 Million people have signed in on http://www.live8live.com ?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2005-07-04 03:46, Pharaoh Nuff wrote:
What I don't understand about this is, how come over 3 BILLION people watched this event, and only 26 Million people have signed in on http://www.live8live.com ?

I suspect because some folks, myself included, can't see the logic in continuously throwing money into a bottomless pit. According to Reuters, the U.S. Govt has given over 16 Billion dollars to third world aid. Private donations from American citizens, businesses and organizations topped 22 Billion dollars. That's over $126.00 for every man, woman and child living in the United States today. According to this article, The United States has given three times more than the entire European continent. And yet, a group of all-knowing rock stars...most who owe their success and financial security to this country...stand on a world stage and directly blame the United States for the pitiful condition of third world countries like Africa. Not the tin-badge dictators. Not the greedy colonizing powers. Not the simple fact that millions of people live in the harshest climate, land and political environments of the world. But the greatest, most generous, most caring nation in the world...and 26 million people rush to show their agreement?

So much for my popularity, I suppose. But it had to be said. I think it is high time that we take a lesson from France, Germany and all the other industrialized nations out there...and look after our own for a spell. I, for one, won't be signing anything.

It had to be said.
Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm going to refrain from citing Ayn Rand or Noam Chomsky about the futility of expecting others to do what you would like especially after you mess up their culture for a few generations. No, instead I will simply suggest that we enjoy the concert and ponder both the medium and the message. Ciao.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Quote:
Partizan,
You can't be serious. They had a Live 8 concert in London. I'm sure you have heard something about it.

Yea, but I asked What problems in Africa?

Are these the same ones that Live Aid was supposed to fix 20 years ago!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Randy,

No offence, but you are a spitting image of a character who used to be on Eastenders (a rubbish tv programme in England) and Celebrity Love Island!

No offence!

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-07-04 03:46, Pharaoh Nuff wrote:

Because 3 billion people didn't watch the event. Just as 600,000 people don't attend the annual Circus Parade in Milwaukee as the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports year after year.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Live 8 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL