The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review for Dr. Jaks "Super Sonic". (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Here's the effect as described by Hank Lee's Catalog.

"This one is really beautiful! The effect is powerful, the props are gorgeous, and it just about works itself! Six Jumbo cards are displayed on a wooden stand -- the backs are toward the audience. Write a prediction on a slip of paper and hand it to a spectator to hold. A second spectator selects any one of the six cards. The choice is absolutely fair and totally free. The selected card is removed and the stand rotated to show the faces of the five remaining cards (all of which are different). The selected card is now replaced in the stand and the prediction read. When the card is revealed it matches the prediction exactly! ! Only six cards are used --- there is no switching or sleight of hand. The cards supplied are custom printed Bicycle Jumbo Cards, and they are great! The stand is hand crafted in wood, and is attractively stained. The effect is so good --- I'll personally guarantee it! If it isn't every bit as good as I say, send it back! I'll be happy to send you a refund. How's that for a deal?? "

This is a VERY POWERFUL ROUTINE. Hank is right, the props are GORGEOUS. You'll be proud to own this. So what if the Jumbo Cards AREN'T examinable, I've never had anyone want to. Now, I do Close-Up, Street Magic. I've never really done it in that venue but thinking about it now, I probably could no questions asked. I rarely do shows, but this is one of the few "Bigger Effects" I do. Kids can even "get This". It's as clean as stated above. I rate it a 8.5, with 10 being the best. BUY IT !!! Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Excellent irem..
I have been doing Dr. Jaks "Super Sonic" effect for quite a while.
Charlie
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It is a true classic of mentalism that is super easy to perform ann always gets strong reactions. I have the regular card sized version but I amy be geting the jumbo cards' version sicne they are more visible.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
Where is this item for sale?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Go look at Hank Lee's Magic site. I believe they even manufacturer their own.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
That was a speedy reply, thanks very much.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Speed is my middle name-right after lazy.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes this is suck a beautiful effect. Yes it looks "propy" but I bet Top Mentalist do in fact use this. I do this in my show.

God Bless, Ed
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ed,

Do you like the wooden version or the glass/metal version called Time Ahead better?

Best wishes,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I like the Wooden Mike Smile

God Bless, Ed
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have this and with the right performance is quite impressive
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I've always loved this trick. As you probably know, Max Maven has a version called "Psi-Con-Ruse" that uses poker size cards and a book instead of a stand.

Robert
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi Robert,

Is Psi-Con Ruse trick by Phil Goldstein the same?

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I love Psi Con Ruse. I used it so much I had to get a new set of cards.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 19:40, Papasmurf wrote:
Hi Robert,

Is Psi-Con Ruse trick by Phil Goldstein the same?

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm

Yes!

Robert
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Thanks Robert,

It is now on order from Hocus Pocus.

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » My Review for Dr. Jaks "Super Sonic". (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL