The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Welcome to The Magic Café Richard » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
RJ,

Thanks so much for those kind words. Please pay attention to the "advice" on the instructions. I think there is a lot there that is important.

Yes, keeping up with all the questions is time comsuming! I am trying to log on every few hours, but it is hard not to get behind!

Richard
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Well, with only 14 posts so far to date, I have a ways to go for more 'open doors' on here, but I'm really enjoying the Magic Café. SO MUCH good info here.

Also wanted to ask you Mr. Osterlind, a question about your ETMMM series. I spent all last evening watching them, and THOROUGHLY enjoying everything, and again this morning; watching a few 'explanations'. I have a question about the spoon bend routine.

In your explanation, you didn't explain your 'pre-bend' in the spectators hand. I've watched it several times now, trying to decipher exactly when you did the bend, but you are just TOO SMOOTH, as in the first bend.

Would you be able to explain that handling here, or in a PM, for those who may not own the set of DVD's? Being a 'newbie' to this amazing art, there are many principles I still have yet to learn. I 'am' reading and enjoying 13 Steps though, and also just received James Biss hardcover which I am also studying.

I was going to PM you on this, but I need to get my postings built up, so I have more to enjoy on here.

Regards & God Bless...

R J
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
RJ,

I'm not real certain about this, but even if it wasn't quite what was in the video, this is how I usually do it in shows.

After bending the spoon once or twice I do the spoon bend in the specator's hand. I don't bend it! I just put it into her hand and make it apparently bend more. Then I take it back and say, "Look at how much more it has bent!" See? It really hasn't! That's the great thing about bending routines. You can take a spoon that's already bent, pretend to bend it more and just show it. No one can remember just how much it was already bent and so it always flys right by. The great thing about this is that you can do it under the closest scrutiny. When they can't see anything under those conditions, they give up and now you have all the latitude in the world to really bend it more!

I sure hope that answers the question.

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Welcome to The Magic Café Richard » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL