The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Mentalism and Age » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
Richard

First of all Thanks for all of your help and support this past year.

This is a pretty big question that I know several people think about. Do you think age effects your mentalism show? I've had several magicians and fellow mentalists ask me if I can pull off mentalism at my age of 18. I've never had trouble with it or getting shows because of it. I just wondered your oppinion on this topic.

Thanks again Richard for everything. I hope all is well.

Daniel
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Hey Dan! How are you doing?

That is a question I have thought a lot about through the years, and years, and years!

I have seen your video and know you are successful. Good for you! Here is some general advice.

I think you simply have to adapt your attitude for how old you are. For you, a young man, you might want to consider almost a "questioning" attitude. Like, "I am just beginning to study these things and I still wonder how this could happen." Stuff like that. As you grow older, you can adapt a different manner.

Try this on for size. I'm sure, like most magicians, you are a fan of the Harry Potter books and movies. Look at how different characters there handle themselves. You can be sort of a Harry Potter! (I suppose I would be one of the older teachers!) But you get the point. Just let it make sense.

Richard
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
Richard

Thank you a ton for the compliment. That was my first show They got better. haha. I believe a lot of people need to read what you just wrote. I've had several magicians who have not even seen me perform start questioning me and my approach to mentalism.

Thanks once again Richard.

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Mentalism and Age » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL