The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Vernon's Emotional Reaction – Different Presentations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Juble
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Juble
Whilst I fully agree that the original presentation given in the Inner Secrets of Card Magic plays extremely well for females (and I use it all the time with them) I've never really been comfortable in asking any man to hold my wrist as I pick up on his vibrations etc! I've tried it out a couple of times recently but the effect wasn't as strong, probably because I wasn't totally at ease with my presentation. Because of this I've come up with a few different presentations such as..."believe it or not, there's one card in this deck that finds you physically attractive, so please run through the deck and decide which card you think is your secret admirer...etc, etc". I've had quite a bit of fun with this in having the spectator allow the card to look at and drool over him for a few seconds rather than holding it to his heart. I then ribbon spread the deck so his card can see him again and reveal it by picking up on the steamy lust given off by it! Ridiculous I know, but this presentation has actually been pretty successful for me, particularly with friends (not sure what that says about them or me!).

Given that the subtle method for this trick can allow you to go anywhere I was wondering if anyone has come with any of their own presentations or stuck to the original?

All the best

Justin
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
The beauty in 'Emotional Reaction' is rather in the ruse to set the key card next to the selection. After that, there are tons of presentation to reveal the selection.

I c***p a card when I demonstrate and bring it to the top when I gather two packets. Then I hand the deck to sepctator and proceed as the original method.

In this way, I can reveal the selection by cutting the deck by sense, I can find the selection in back of my body or I can reveal the selection in any other visual methods. (Alan Nu's method in 'Mr.Fantasy' by John Bannon is one of most powerful revelation if combined with 'Emotional Reaction' with c***p).

Before thinking to dress a trick with a patter or a story, it is important to construct the routine to make the trick more impossible and mystifying.

Hideo Kato
bprattmagic
View Profile
New user
Boston
74 Posts

Profile of bprattmagic
Check out Paul Cummin's trick Tac a Lac. It is a brilliant use for Emotional Reaction. You and the spectator each think of a card, and you find each others cards.

Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Vernon's Emotional Reaction – Different Presentations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL