The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » The question of today (pretty atypical) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emesp82
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of emesp82
Hi Richard, thanks again for your words and time!

I'd like to ask you something atypical today...
1) I have many effects invented, which is the best way today to publish magic stuff and let know the world that I exist? Smile Book or E-book or Video?

2) I have to write them in Italian first for the Italian magician or directly in English? I mean, I should become known at national magicians first and then becoming known at world's magician?

3) Since I am not famous, how can I publicize them? I thought to put them on my web site, like you do, but still I'm not famous....which are your advice?

4) Can you tell us briefly your story about what you did to become known? what was the key that made you successful and famous?

Sorry if my message is immodest, so don't laugh at me, maybe I'm just dreaming about the future, but I think I have something to offer in magic.

Thank YOU again

Giacomo
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Giacomo,

I would be happy to.

Even though I have been around for awhile, I have never published that much material. When Jim Sisti and I decided to team up a number of years ago, I was thinking of writing a large book. He had contacts with L&L and he was the one responsible for pursuading Louis to record a set of videos of my work. (For that, I am eternally grateful to Jim!)

After Mind Mysteries, we were able to market my other material very successfully. I don't know if that would have been the case without the DVD's. I sincerely doubt it. My advice to you would be to try to find someone like L&L to record and market a set of videos of your material. That is the way, as I see it, for someone these days to break into the marketplace.

Richard
emesp82
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of emesp82
So you're saying to me to make a set of videos....that won't be easy! Smile

Anyway what you're saying is probably true, because I first met you with Mind Mysteries....

Thank YOU again very much! Smile

Giacomo
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Giacomo Buona Fortuna.
emesp82
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of emesp82
Thank You Spinnato!

Where are you from? Maybe Italy? Smile

Giacomo
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-07-16 10:55, emesp82 wrote:
Thank You Spinnato!

Where are you from? Maybe Italy? Smile

Giacomo

Yeah right! Novo Londono, Italy!!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » The question of today (pretty atypical) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL