The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prime Time Marlo Dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Hi guys.

I've searched, but are able to find almost nothing about this particular dvd. Anyway, this is footage of Marlo in his prime, captured late at night at a kitchen table and beautifully narrated by Jon Racherbaumer, now I know that this is not a training dvd, and some of the moves shown are only talked about and I have also heard some people say that most people will have gone through all the moves but won't be able to get to know how most of the moves are done at the end, but just for clarifications,I just wanted to asked a few questions about this more.

What I'm trying to look into are gambling sleights, and don't worry, I'm not completely new to this kind of card theme. I know there are some gambling moves in this dvd, and I would at least like to know the method as to how it's being done, even only the briefest details about it.

Now my question is, I don't care, even by just reapetedly rewinding the tape so I could learn the moves as I would still be determined in learning most of the moves, would I at least get much knowledge and learn some VALUABLE techniques from this dvd that I can really put to use? Would I be ABLE to learn many moves as long as I rewind and have determination?

So any help, and I mean ANY, are Very very appreciated. I hope I'm not asking too much, and I apologize for any misunderstandings on both sides.

And I appreciate it of no other recommendations of any other products is given as I am only asking about this particular dvd and I already know of some of the other good dvds that people recommend out there, but this dvd is in one of my top wishlist.
-Jess.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Hi Imagication. I don't have this DVD, but I did watch it a couple of times when I borrowed it from my friend. This DVD is not an instructional DVD. Marlo only demonstrates the moves, but AWW, they're so good! Ed Marlo is the best card magician ever. All of the moves and routines are beautifully demonstrated with absolute mastery. I'd recommend getting it, but you won't find out how the moves are done. Jon Racherbaumer is the narrator and he explains what Marlo does during the moves or routines. In case you haven't seen this link, you might wanna take a look:
http://www.ellusionist.com/order/marlo_e......ound.htm
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
This DVD really is BEYOND a must have. Get it while you can. This is truly a rare Marlo item that you should get and treasure.
Good luck,

Michael
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I have this videa and I REALLY enjoy it. It has A LOT of moves you probably know but there is so much to be learned about the way he does them.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
But can you learn some of the moves through the voice-overs if you keep on rewinding?
-Jess.
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Well I mean, with effort that is...

Thanks!
-Jess.
budionodarmawan
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of budionodarmawan
Hi All

Maybe this DVD is companion with the revolutionary Card Technique, by Edward marlo too. Sometimes if you learn from the book, you want to learn what it should look like. And I have This DVD, although the quality is poor, but the overall technique is awesome !
If you have some of printed marlo material this DVD is a must !

Budi
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Prime-Time Marlo is great, although as you already know it is not an instructional DVD.

I know you didn't ask for other recommendations, but you may want to look at the "Legendary Cardician" DVD set on Ed Marlo. This set has two seperate DVDs, one called "The Legend" and the other "The Cardician" (and can be purchased seperately). These are instructional DVDs with one focusing more on sleights and the other effects.

In any event, I find it really inspirational to watch Ed Marlo in action and would recommend all three DVDs (including "Prime-Time") to anyone interested in card magic.

Hope I didn't confuse the issue...

Steven
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 03:00, milamber wrote:
Prime-Time Marlo is great, although as you already know it is not an instructional DVD.

I know you didn't ask for other recommendations, but you may want to look at the "Legendary Cardician" DVD set on Ed Marlo. This set has two seperate DVDs, one called "The Legend" and the other "The Cardician" (and can be purchased seperately). These are instructional DVDs with one focusing more on sleights and the other effects.

In any event, I find it really inspirational to watch Ed Marlo in action and would recommend all three DVDs (including "Prime-Time") to anyone interested in card magic.

Steven

Thanks milamber, but I've already heard a lot about them, they seem to be great, especially when you get to learn those advances moves. The No Touch Theory Second Deal seemed to be one of the best second deal ever (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for your replies guys.
-Jess.
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 09:44, Imagication wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 03:00, milamber wrote:

Steven

The No Touch Theory Second Deal seemed to be one of the best second deal ever correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for your replies guys.

Agreed! I use the No Touch Theory all the time! It's not a hard second deal to do at all. I really love the one hand second deal by Carmen D'Amico. Marlo demonstrates it on the Cardician DVD, which I HIGHLY recommend! I learned the D'Amico one hand second from Marlo's book revolutionary card technique. It took me about 3 days to master it (with solid practice). I'm so glad I did.
How's the Legend DVD? I purchased the Cardician, but I want to purchase the Legend as well. Can someone review it here?
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
Well, I would appreciate it if we just stick to the topic at hand. I'm sure You'll get what you want by searching.

Thank you.
-Jess.
Imagication
View Profile
New user
Brunei Darussalam
52 Posts

Profile of Imagication
To those who have watched this Dvd, what have you ACTUALLY learned from it? And did that help you improve your performances in any way?

Yet again, thanks.
-Jess.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Imagication,

I have a copy of Prime Time Marlo on DVD. I think it is an important historical peice and a must for Marlo buffs. It is filmed in black and white and the picture quality is not good. Personally I would not recommend it as an instructional DVD/video from which to learn moves. I think there are much better choices depending on the moves and effects you are interested in mastering. However, if you want to see what Marlo was like at the height of his powers, then this DVD is for you.

Regards,

Paul H
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Quote:
On 2005-08-08 10:16, Imagication wrote:
To those who have watched this Dvd, what have you ACTUALLY learned from it? And did that help you improve your performances in any way?

Yet again, thanks.

Definitely. When you watch the best-Edward Marlo at work (especially back then), the best thing for you to do is observe what he does, when and how he does it. That's how you learn from these kinds of tapes/DVDs. I learned some moves from the tape, but very, very few! But don't let that discourage you. Get the tape, watch it, learn from it, and practice, practice, and practice some more until you bust your fingers. This is what you need to do to become good just like Marlo (even though no one can actually demonstrate the routines like he can). It's a great tape. This is a rare footage of Marlo at work. Jon Racherbaumer did a great job narrating the DVD/video tape. Thanks Jon.
All the best,

Michael
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
Quote:
On 2005-08-08 15:47, Paul H wrote:
Hi Imagication,

I have a copy of Prime Time Marlo on DVD. I think it is an important historical peice and a must for Marlo buffs. It is filmed in black and white and the picture quality is not good.

Regards,

Paul H

I do realize this thread is quite old, but just wanted to offer the correct info. While the quality wasn't great, it was indeed filmed in color which is apparent later in the film.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prime Time Marlo Dvd (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL