The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Magician and the Cardsharp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
New book by Karl Johnson...I recieved this as a gift quite unexpectedly today. I didn't think it was coming out until August. The book chronicles Dai Vernon's journey to find a man rumored to be able to do a perfect center deal. Looks good...will start reading tonight.

If you're interested in the life of The Professor, this will probably be a good book to read.

I'll try to get a review of the book up once I'm done with it.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks. Where can I order a copy, who has it in stock I mean.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Google it....Google knows all.
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
Saw this for pre-order on Amazon. OMG I am so getting this. Thought it was a great story when Ricky Jay used it on one of his specials, so it should make for a VERY interesting read.
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
I picked it up at Borders today. $26.
Marcos Iglesias MD
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Currently giving this a perfunctory perusal. So far so good!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Krumb
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, WA
300 Posts

Profile of Krumb
I just finshed reading this the other day and found it to be a very enjoyable book. The author seems to have done his research as he goes back and gives great detail on everything(people, locations, etc). Overall, it was a great book and is only $17 on Amazon, a great deal worth picking up.

Now it is on to "The Glorious Deception: The Double Life of William Robinson, aka Chung Ling Soo, the "Marvelous Chinese Conjurer""
Jud Bond
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Jud Bond
I read the book and enjoyed it. I had read the article in Genii several years ago and my interest was piqued (sp?) then. The real test is when I give the book to my son to read. We have similar tastes but he doesn't give a hoot about magic. I'll have to see what he thinks of it.

- Jud
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Magician and the Cardsharp (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL