The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » PRO Size MisMade Flag Sets (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I've found that many people don't understand the difference in regular MisMade Flag Sets and PRO Size MisMade Flag Sets. Actually it isn't complicted at all. In a set with 36" flags, the flags are really 36" x 24". However, most sets sold come with a red, white a blue square silk that is only 18". It makes it cheaper for the buyer. Actually the 18" squares are for the 24" flags. They are 24" x 18". They match the height of the flag.

The PRO Size MisMade Flag Sets come with a red, white and blue 24" square silks to match the height of the 36" flag (36"x24"). It is much more flashy on stage than the 18" and will fit in about the same "stash" area. Bird workers especially need the 24" square silks for the rest of their routines. Pros are more likely to use 24" silks anyway for Sympathetic Silks etc.

To upgrade a regular 36" MisMade Flag set to PRO Size, buying three 24" silks should do the trick. The cure is about $20-$30 depending on the silks you buy. If you are careful to buy Knots Off Silk, THIS, etc. in the 24" size and in red, white and blue, routines flow very well with MisMade Flag in the better size.

Another little hint: 18" Diamond Cuts which look like 24" squares look a whole lot better than smaller Diamond Cuts. They also work for MisMade Flag. They will take the space of about 3 regular 12" silks of the same weight. That is 1/4th the space of three 24" squares.

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Thanks for the very valuable information you shared with us, Bob.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Thanks Bob,
I will be upgrading my silks.

Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is also the other little thing here that comes to mind. Tony Slydini told me (about 36 years ago) that a pro should measure from the base of his thumb to the pit of his arm to determine the largest silk he should try displaying on both sides. That's going to put most of us at 23"-24". It was the reason Tony used 21" silks.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I saw a mismade flag set on some website that had an extra step where the colors were mixed up. Not like the typical routine. I don't remember the exact color situation at this time.
Do any of you use this set?
Daniel Faith
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Daniel,

Try Duane Laflin for MisMade Flag with a twist

Or

buy individual MisMade Flags at

http://files.cssincorp.com/dmv/commerce.......ag_Silks

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » PRO Size MisMade Flag Sets (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL