The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Would you recommend this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Ok, I will start learning magic starting with coins. I just got an eBook off of a friend called, "Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo" Is this a good book (eBook) to start with? What are your opinions on this eBook and J.B. Bobo?

Another question, is it possible to learn and do coin magic using nothing more then rgular U.S. pennies?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Excellent coin book to start with and has quite a number of tricks that can be done with coins smaller than a half dollar.

Pennies are not very visible and can be difficult to handle. Quarters would be better.
Depending on you hands even some sleights with quarters may prove difficult.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Excellent book. Starting with coins can be tough however. You may want to get a card book and deck of cards to go along with the coins. The learning curve for card magic is much steeper (easier to learn) than for coins in my opinion.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
maiglesias
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of maiglesias
An excellent introduction to coin magic is Michael Ammar's DVD/video: The Complete Introduction to Coin Magic. I highly recommend it. Michael Ammar is one of the best teachers in magic and his DVD are top-notch. Good luck.
Marcos Iglesias MD
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Excellent Book. But you may want to get "New Modern Coin Magic" By jb bobo, it has severl more chapters in it.
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
I got J B Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic which is excellent, however as a complete newbie to coin magic I found that a dvd to watch how the basics worked helped a lot. For this is second Michael Ammar's The Complete Introduction to Coin Magic. With Bobo's book and Ammars DVD you can get moving quite nicely with coin magic. Takes A LOT of practice though!!
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I like quarters so far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Would you recommend this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL