The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Close-up dove production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I was looking around the net for dove production and I noticed all the production are stage but no close-up.basicly where can I find a close-up dove production that is dependable or how do I do it?
tjkmagicman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tjkmagicman
I guess it just depends, although I remember johnny ace palmer producing two white doves at the end of his closeup act, but he is johnny ace palmer and to do it you better be good and make sure its ACTUALLY DECEPTIVE. not to mention its not really practical unless its for a competition or something.

take care,
Tim Kutch
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Johnny Thompson also does a close up dove production. You can always use a dove pan or drawer box. By close up, do you mean in a walk around situation, living room or sitting at a table. There are a multitude of props that can be used for living room or birthday party type settings.

Try ordering catalogs from Abbott's or Tannen's. They have entire sections of dove magic that might be useful to you. Both catalogs are on line but I personally like to have the book on hand. You might also want to start purchasing the encylcopedia of magic by Ian Adair. It's 4 volumes but just about everything you want to know about dove magic can be found there.
Where the magic begins
optimystik
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of optimystik
If presented properly...the "Dove Bag" can be used for close-up quite effectively.

Don't just show the bag empty ...remove one or two items that you will use in your next routine.... "implying" that the bag is empty ...then do the "empty bag" moves.

Also...I feel that the dove is safe and secure and not abused in the "Dove Bag" ... not so with some other methods.

PM me for an extra tip.
Stephen
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
One of General Grant’s productions (and probably the first he ever marketed) is a close up production. I is done sitting at a table and the dove is produced from a handkerchief (silk) right over the table. It is technically very easy. I think it is called “Wings from your Fingers” and is still sold by Grant.

His “Dove from Newspaper” can also be done as a close-up bit. Pick up a newspaper and produce a dove. Standing or sitting, it works!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
There's also one production I saw in one of Tony Clark's Video. It'a a dove production from (a box) tissue paper

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Close-up dove production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL