The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Paul Wilson's Knock 'em Dead (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jhostler
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Bits and pieces of Wilson's Knock 'em Dead video have been praised on various Café threads, but I'm curious if someone might offer a full-blown review. Will the material make my audience *and* my fingers smile??
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
His 3-fly routine is excellent and probably his most memorable effect on the tape. Buy it for that and the rest will just be a bonus.

Mitch
Mitch Solway
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Yes, I agree with Dan. Three fly is great and if you do cards, Absolute Zero is an amazing, easy- almost self working card trick that is utterly baffling to magicians and laymen. I actually use it a lot more than I expected to. Also Unholy Gathering is quite impressive.
Bryan
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
I'm told that Unholy Gathering is the gem on the tape also.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
theoldfort
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of theoldfort
Definitely an excellent buy. Everything is very commercial and gets fantastic responses.

I would strongly recommend this tape.

Unholy gathering is my favorite.

Ian
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
I wasn't impressed with paul's stuff.
save your money and get something else.
best of luck,
michael
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Unholy Gathering is worth the price of the video. It's incredible magic that can be used in shows or table hopping. IF you perform and MAKE MONEY performing Magic, thsi effect rocks!

Paul is Scottish and can be a little dry, but he has killer material and is a wonderful teacher. GET THIS DVD!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Quote:
On 2004-09-10 19:08, MagicChris wrote:
Unholy Gathering is worth the price of the video. It's incredible magic that can be used in shows or table hopping. IF you perform and MAKE MONEY performing Magic, thsi effect rocks!

Paul is Scottish and can be a little dry, but he has killer material and is a wonderful teacher. GET THIS DVD!!!!

I am not meaning to show ANY disrespect...but of all the comments/reviews I've read from you...There really isn't a single bad one...It seems as if everything is a "must-buy."

The tape was GOOD...I bought it for his 3 Fly and was happy with it...Unholy Gathering is great but requires a lot of setup...If you like this type of effect your better off with Michael Close's Pot Hole Trick found on his Workers series. SOME of the tape I considered to be MAJOR filler...
~joeKing
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
JoeKing, this is funny because I'm always told my posts slam effects and that I don't like anything.

I appreciate you writing and mentioning this. I hope some others will read it.

The CLose pothole trick is amazing. But, I find Paul's effect not hard at all to set up. Maybe beacuse I like it so much, that could be the reason.

Thanks again for your thoughts!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Whetter 007
View Profile
New user
Kuskonook, BC
18 Posts

Profile of Whetter 007
I bought this video for 3 fly as it is a good routine. I think Paul is very good technically, but he is not very entertaining in this video.

Martin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Paul Wilson's Knock 'em Dead (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL