The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Painful practice(?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
I don't need to know any secrets. I merely want to know whether or not dislocating any joints is required for a non-gimmicked straight jacket before I purchase one and practice.
Truly fascinated,
Kevin.
There's nothing I take more seriously than goofing off.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Only if you are Mel Gibson.

Sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
Gotta lethal wit there, Misters Man

Thanks,
Kevin
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Carrying around the filing cabinet to thump your arm on is a real pain.

Ian
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Ian

Firstly.. LMFAO!

What about making some sort of gimmicked filing cabinet which would be easy to pack down into a trunk?

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
Thanks, all of you! I've never felt so much at home. Not only did I get a straight answer indirectly, but I got one directly from Straightjacket Guy. My ignorance has definitely paid me off in bliss this time!
Really, my perch ate it,
Kevin.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Thats funny.... Because I never answered your question! Maybe you are thinking of someone else. My only response is the nonsense you see above Smile I just don't want to take credit for someone elses helpfulness.

Regards

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
Duncan,
I just so happen to be fluent in both English and nonsense. And of course you couldn't answer a question that was never asked.
-me
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
K.. I am confused! A question was asked! I see it at the top of the page. Are you trying to brain my damage?

My Website
Add me on facebook
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I think you solved his problem without knowing it with your filing cabinet idea.
-the penguin has spoken Smile
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
This is all getting needlessly vague. Could someone please tell me what is going on. My head is starting to hurt and I am pretty sure that blood should not be leaking out of my ears.

:)

Duncan

My Website
Add me on facebook
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I don't know anything! I can't even locate my missing suitcase! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Still no news Margarette? Will you allow me to make a small donation via pay-pal or something?

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Yes, there is news....the suitcase is still lost, and I've received claim forms from the airline. Maybe 6-8 weeks, I'll receive a settlement from them! Smile

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
Okey-dokey: First of all, Duncan, aren't you, being British, supposed to be over educated and wise to a question's technicality? I never asked, I posed a question.

Secondly, I need to watch more National Geographic documentaries. I had no idea penguins could manipulate logic with such grace.

Thirdly, dear Margarette, my empathy goes out to you. I wish there was a way I could help. I have travelled on the road before performing music for money. Being that I was hitch-hiking the luxury of a touring bus was but a fantastic dream. When I did finally accrue my finances to afford a Greyhound ticket, my guitar, my means of eating, my sentimental pride and beautiful lady was lost (I think stolen) en route. I was naive enough to not do anything but give up and give in to resentment and get another guitar on my own.

Somehow the planets managed to stay aligned, but my heart wasn't right for a while. I've read many of your posts concerning this issue, and I've noticed that within the tone you have a remarkably strong chin. Keep it up and "don't let the *****s grind you down" (-INXS)

-and, Duncan, don't take the stereotype personally... I grew up watching Monty Python, therefore I'm the one with brain damage.

Wuvwee as ohways,
Kevin.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Kevin, good to hear another python fan.

As to my filing cabinet idea, maybe it could be used as a real stage gag.

I have enjoyed the lunacy over this topic.
thanks for all for the great humour.

"Burma"
Ian
Scarecrow
View Profile
New user
Around
12 Posts

Profile of Scarecrow
Burma,
I know it, man. It's been wild, hasn't it? Some thread. Your contribution to "Looking on the brighter side of life" is mucho appreciated.

Now as for the filing cabinet. I say going on stage performing the very act you loosely suggested would be a hilarious addition to an already amazing trick.

IMAGINE: It's a serious evening before a fairly mature crowd: an audience composite familiar with the ever-classic action comedy, "Lethal Weapon". After a volunteer straps you up and inspects the rig for rigging you begin to writhe the upper body about with a look of focused determination, and you filter into a complex projection of uncertainty and frustration. Once your audience is baited with this casual guessing game you reel them in for Friday night fish fry. You stop. Stand there with embarrassing defeat cascading from your forehead and over your face. You then ask your rehearsed assistant to rescue you. And here they come, from out of nowhere, wheeling in a four-foot high, empty filing cabinet on a hand truck. They deliver it on stage, against the wall and make a discreet, professional style exit. You then turn away from the audience to BANG! BANG! BANG! your shoulder into the noisy metal.
During the time spent making convincing faces and waiting for your cabinet to be set up you have already set yourself into a freeing phase, and soon after the Mel Gibson shoulder gag, you rip the straight jacket off. Voila! Amazement and the gift of hearty laughter consumes the crowd like a fried catfish buffet in the sights of my appetite.

Just a thought,
Kevin.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Next question:

Do you have to remove your head to escape from an iron collar?
:winker:
Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Painful practice(?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL