The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Street/Bar bullet catch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Hi, this is my first post here at the Magic Café so I would like to say hi to everyone, I also have a question. I remembered recently about once watching a Paul Zenon special here in Britain, where he was at a bar and he did a kind of Bullet catch. He took a bullet out and explained about heating the end or something and the bullet will go off, of course all rubbish, but he then held a lighter close and there was a large bang and all that was left was the shell in his hand and the rest of the bullet in his mouth. This is I'm presuming a special gimmick but I was just wondering if anyone knew if this is available to buy anywhere? Or if there is just a special method that is available somewhere? Even the actual name if there is one would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. It may just be something stupidly simple because I wasn't actually seriuously into magic when it aired and so may have missed something. Thanks again.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I don't know the routine you are referring too, but I can suggest a variation

Scott Alexander has a version using straws as the weapon (blow a bullet) and a signed paper ball as a bullet on his DVD releases.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Thanks a lot for the replies, I did try searching but due to not knowing the exact name it was hard to find a match, thanks a lot for all your help.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
It's called "Bullet Catch 22". See above.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Sorry I think you misunderstood I was thanking you for the help and the name etc. I was just saying that I tried searching before but couldn't find anything because I didn't know the name of the effect, I was just letting you know that I didn't just not bother searching for the answer myself, thanks again for the help and sorry I wasn't very clear.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
No problem at all. Welcome to the Café. It's a great place and a wonderful resource. Have fun!
-Ty Argo
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 09:16, Ty Argo wrote:
Bullet Catch 22. See here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Try Andrew Mayne's Spitball Catch (MindFX PDF). It is easier to do, safer, cheaper, and funnier. The effect you are looking at is hard to handle for me.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
magicmason07
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magicmason07
You can find this trick exactly as described at hank lees magic factory, search for bullet catch .22 its about 25 bucks if I remember correcly. Hope this helps
sup i love the stinky cheese a lot i mean a lot you cant imagine how much i love it
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
I've added this one to my list of effects that you shouldn't even think about carrying on an airplane...
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
I purchased this from L&L just over 2 years ago and from the write up it sounded great. When it arrived I was so disappointed in what I got and the directions that came with the effect that I almost just threw it away.

I put it in the “bad magic” pile and there it sat for just over a year, and then one day I decided to make the thing work. I got rid of the matches that are supplied with the effect and incorporated a Bic lighter with the same style of gimmick I then got rid of the un-gimmicked shell that is provided and re worked the “gimmicked” shell so that I could do the effect with out having to ditch and switch anything. I think that with the reworking the effect is pretty clean now and I perform it once in while when it is requested.

For those of you who are interested I have also come up with a spin off that makes the thing work with a borrowed lighter or matches, no switching or anything.

PM me if you are interested.

KG
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Thanks a lot for everyones help, I will probably buy it soon, but as most people seem to do I will probably change it slighlty like using a lighter etc. Thanks for all the help.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
You might want to look into John Carney's "The Thirteenth Victim" in his excellent book "Carneycopia". It's a funny bullet catching routine which would be great in a bar. I saw him perform it at a convention in Hawaii years ago and it was a very entertaining effect.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Ok thanks ill try and track that down, although got several other books and things to get as it is, but ill definately look out for that one. Thanks.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The Thirteenth Victim is brilliant, possibly my favorite effect in the book. I strongly recommend that you try to track it down.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Ok thanks ill try and track that down, although got several other books and things to get as it is, but ill definately look out for that one. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Street/Bar bullet catch? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL