The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hugard & Braue?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

theAmazinbryan
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of theAmazinbryan
I often see & hear these names together .RRTCM,Hugard &Braue addition ect.Can anyone tell me more about them ?Did they preform together ?Did they do stage magic as well?An who did they learn from? What time period did they perform?Has anyone talk to anyone that has a mentor who has seen them perform?Please excuse my naivete in these question.
thanks
Bryan
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I found the following in Henry Hay's "The Amateur Magician's Handbook":

Hugard, Jean (John Gerard Rodney Boyce, 1872-1959), American performer and writer, of Australian origin. Prolific contributer to magical literature.

The book only has the following about Braue:

Braue, Frederick. Card manipulator and writer. See Hugard.

I know it's not a lot, but that's all I could recall seeing in the books I have.
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Here is some information from the "magicians of old" section here at the Café.

A similar discussion was held here at talkmagic

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
So that tells us a little more about Hugard, but is there any info available on Frederick Braue?
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
Braue, Fred (Frederick George) 1906-1962 (USA)

Journalist und halbprofessioneller Zauberkünstler, hervorragender Kartentechniker. Verfasste mit Jean Hugard die beiden Klassiker “Expert Card Technique” (1940) und “The Royal Road to Card Magic” (1948)und ausserdem „Miracle Methods“(1941-43), “The invisible Pass“ (1946), “Showstoppers with Cards” (1948). Nach Hugards Tod war Braue 1959-1962 Redaktor von Hugard’s Magic Monthly. “Fred Braue on False Deals” wurde 1977 publiziert, “The Braue Notebooks”, Braues Notizen aus den Jahren 1935-1962 von 1985 bis 1997.

The above is google translated from the web page magicpromotionclub.ch
It is part of the web material of the a club that is part of the Switzerland magic scene.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
And as ever, humorously translated by babelfish.altavista.com:

Journalist and halfprofessional charm artist, outstanding map technician. Wrote with Jean Hugard the two classical authors "Expert Card Technique" (1940) and "The Royal Road ton of Card Magic" (1948)und in addition "Miracle Methods"(1941 43), "The invisible passport" (1946), "show stopper with Cards" (1948). After Hugards death was brews 1959-1962 an editor of Hugard's Magic Monthly. "Fred brews on False Deals" 1977 was published, "The brews Notebooks", Braues notes from the years 1935-1962 from 1985 to 1997?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Hugard & Braue?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL