The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Amazing Jumping Arrow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Greetings all:

Does anyone have and wish to share an alternate patter for the AJA? I love the trick (size/quality in particular), but I just feel the supplied patter is somewhat lame.
It gets OK results, but there has to be a better way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Try writing your own. Maybe something about here and there or the kids' games Red Light, Green Light or One Step, Two Steps.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The routine that comes with it is very lame. If you want to learn an incredible routine, track down Allan Hayden and BEG him to teach you his routine. It's brilliant!!!!! I use it professionally all the time. Allan can frequently be found at the Magic Castle.
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Allan: I am begging, PM me if you like,,,,,,,PLEEESE!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I don't think that Allan participates in this board.
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Larry:
OOOPS, That does present somewhat of a problem.

Thanks Anyway!
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
I, too, am looking for ideas on an alternate patter for this trick. ...Especially since I've long since misplaced the instructions/patter that came with the trick. I've kind of "winged it" lately; but that's like "winging" the No. 2 Pencil illusion. ...It works much better with a solid, purposely-paced patter.

So...Any ideas since this string was last visited??
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I talk as if the prop is in fact the latest teaching aid for people learning to drive.ie if the arrow points one way then that driver has priority over the driver from the opposite direction,execute the move showing that on the other side the arrow points the other way giving the other driver priority over us,what if your long sighted ? no problem you can give it a shake and it jumps to the other end etc,to end I mention you always get a know it all that asks what if your cross eyed ? no problem just give it a smack (showing the arrow has now split in to two)
DeaconBlu
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of DeaconBlu
Are you looking for a story, a joke, maybe a riddle? I would make the arrows (or the No. 2 in my case) move around of it's own volition. Almost as if the thing was sentient and deliberately trying to frustrate me. That's what I do with the kids and they seem to enjoy giggling at my pain.

Adults I'm not sure, depends on if you don't mind looking a tad foolish in their eyes. I know some magicians who absolutely refuse to do that. If you'd like I can e-mail/PM a copy of my script I use with kids for my No. 2 routine.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
The December Linking Ring had a very nice routine in it in the monthly Parade. It's worth a look!
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2007-01-06 19:32, DeaconBlu wrote:
If you'd like I can e-mail/PM a copy of my script I use with kids for my No. 2 routine.

Yeah. I would appreciate a PM on that. I do Gospel Magic for kids in structured shows around town; but the kids at my home church all know I do magic and after every service on Sunday morning, I get about a dozen kids hunting me down and begging me to do magic. I oblige about 50% of the time with a single trick. I haven't done the Amazing Jumping Arrow for them. Some patter for that trick that's aimed at kids would be GREAT! Thanks!
DeaconBlu
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of DeaconBlu
The one I have written is for the No. 2 pencil but I'll change it and send it to you. Just gonna take a little longer.

Church huh? My old church would have lynched me for doing magic. These are the same people who refuse to let their kids see or read Harry Potter.

I don't miss church at all. PM me your denomination and I'll see if I can fit it in.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 00:41, jkvand wrote:
The December Linking Ring had a very nice routine in it in the monthly Parade. It's worth a look!

Um...I don't see one for the Amazing Jumping Arrow, (a paddle trick). I see one for The Roadsign. ...That's not the same thing. If I've missed one on the AJA, please let me know what page it's on.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 01:13, DeaconBlu wrote:
The one I have written is for the No. 2 pencil but I'll change it and send it to you. Just gonna take a little longer.

Church huh? My old church would have lynched me for doing magic. These are the same people who refuse to let their kids see or read Harry Potter.

I don't miss church at all. PM me your denomination and I'll see if I can fit it in.

I'll take it as it is - you don't have to do any extra work. I do the No. 2 pencil, too. So I can use it or adapt it for the AJA.

...I'm Baptist, currently a member of a Southern Baptist church; but I don't get too tied up in denominational differences and neither do those at my church, (amazingly enough). If it's biblical, or isn't blatantly anti-biblical, then most in my church don't give me too much hassle. I used to have hair down to my waist, but got it cut last February. I've gotten more hassle from other "Christians" about the hair than I ever have with the magic.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 01:15, Bendy wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-01-07 00:41, jkvand wrote:

Um...I don't see one for the Amazing Jumping Arrow, (a paddle trick). I see one for The Roadsign. ...That's not the same thing. If I've missed one on the AJA, please let me know what page it's on.

Sorry, I was confused on which effect it was. My bad! -Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Amazing Jumping Arrow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL