The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sharpie Thru ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Magis...

Does anyone use the Sharpie Thru Anything during their walkaround gigs? While the effect itself is good, it needs to be a part of something, not stand alone (Look, I am going to stick this pen through a card, cool huh)?

Maybe someone could share how they integrate this slick gimmick into their work...

Looking forward to your ideas

Thanks in Advance as always!

Dano
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
michaelrice
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
257 Posts

Profile of michaelrice
I would do it after an AC routine, where I would have the spectator sign the card! After that trick borrow a bill and have them sign that too, then stab it through.

Mike
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
I use it with Richard Sanders' "Cramped". The vanished bill winds up in the Sharpie cap. Then the pen through as a blowoff..

btw...I do "Cramped" with a regular sharpie instead of the Jumbo Pen that Sanders uses and it works beautifully.
sheydon
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of sheydon
I use it to great effect, through a bank note with a presentation around money laundering, this has earned me £1000's booking gigs with people like The Alliance & Leicester, Coventry Building Society and the Financial Services Authority. Who said you have to stick it through a card?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Dano,

This is a great effect. I also recommend you use it to penetrate bills. The m***** is so strong that when you pull out the pen it produces a convincing ripping sound. Switch it out casually with a real Sharpie then proceed to do a signed card to wherever effect. This will remove any suspicion. If you can, try to do some effects previous to the penetration that also require the use of a regular Sharpie and make sure the spectator manipulates it as much as possible.

However, as wiser voices have said on similar posts concerning pen thru effects, if well executed, the focus of the effect should be on the bill and not the gimmicked pen.

Try to combine this with a floating bill or a bill switch.

I really love Sharpie Thru Anything. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Good luck.

José
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
This pen is the best on the market , hands down.

Start off with the $100 Bill Switch, then have the spectator draw a small trapdoor on the bill and then stick the pen thru the trapdoor part. People always wanna look at the trapdoor after the trick is over.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Also, have buisness cards with a space in the middle of the card free of any words, phone#, etc.
Draw a circle in the middle of your buisness card and ask the spectator to color in the circle, creating a small "black hole".
Push the pen thru the hole, rip it out...and hand your buisness card to the spectator, who will probably keep it a long time and hopefully call you back for a gig!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sharpie Thru ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL