The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Clejuso self opener? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
I have a pair of thin model Clejuso cuffs that were a surplus item a few years back. These flooded the collectors market briefly so most of you probably have a set.
Because they were in rough shape they may not be self openers, but my pair can be pulled open. Has anyone else found this with their cuffs?
The bow arm can be bent back and forth (again, on the pair I have), and can either be made to pull open or jam tight to make a king breaker cuff (I tested this and it definately would not swing back out when unlocked - coul only be pushed the rest of the way through).
If its just my cuff no big deal, but if its a flaw in the model itself maybe it could be of use.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Do you have a pic of the cuff or a model number so we can see?

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I think it might be a Model # 11 there is a trick. for it to open on its own.
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
There is an auction on ebay right now for two sets of this cuff - and I am not the seller nor do have any connection to the seller that I know of.
The auction # is 7705739529. I don't think that is the #11 model I think it is an earlier one.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers, I'll take a look.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Bruce ( Hope to see you at the convention again)

The Clejuso light wieghts you have sound interesting. What do you mean by 'The bow arm can be bent back and forth' is this the normal rotation or do you mean they slip forward and back at the hinge point? ( as if the pivot point was now an oval instead of a circular hole?

Can you tell what is stopping the bow from opening when the key is turned and the cuffs unlocked.

Ian
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Hi ian, what I mean is that the bow arm, which is L shaped rather than C shaped, can be pushed so that the ratchet edge (the small part of the L) can be moved so that the teeth are either just far enough to avoid the teeth in the cuff, or even closer so that the latch in the cuff can't be moved back far enough by the key to release the bow arm.
As near as I can tell, there is no damage to the internal mechanism of this cuff, and it looks like the bow arm is original and not a repair job, so I am assuming that this was how they came from the factory.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Bruce, this sounds a strange condition for the cuff to be in. Do you think it may just be wear in the hinge area? This sounds very close to my Peerless gimmicked cuff which allowed for the bow to slide away from the pawl and release the cuff after it had been tighten enough so the detent on the frame was out of the goove in the edge of the bow.

Does this happen on both cuffs? or just one?

Ian
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Its not at the hinge point, but along the length of the bow arm where it bends to make the L shape. Imagine taking an L and bending it to make a check mark and you should have an idea of what I mean. As soon as I can I'll try to make up a scanned image to get this across.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Clejuso self opener? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL