The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin vanish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
Whatever coin effect you are doing, what type vanish do you prefer to use, in a table hopping or strolling atmosphere, when you need to simply vanish a single coin?

Steve
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
When my angle is good I use my variation retention pass. When I have people on my sides I do Al Schneider's Classic vanish. When I have to vanish the last coin in a multi coin routine I use the R.O.P.S. move, and when I perform standup with a mat I use my matting technique after any of the above vanishes to get a complete vanish. And when I really want to vanish my coins, I go shopping. Enjoy, Michael Rubinstein
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Love the R.O.P.S. move, thanks Dr. Rubenstien! I have your old videonics tapes as well as The 3 Knockout coin magic DVD's. Solid material. I'm still playing with the dual matting technique, really fooled me!
I usually use a standard retention pass and use the kaps subtlety to show the hands completely empty, works like a charm.
zmagicleez
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of zmagicleez
David roths hanging coins is a beautiful pice of visual magic and the raven still packs a punch!
It's a small world... but you wouldn't want to hoover it.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Complete vanish? Sleeve or "up the arm to the other side" coat pocket vanish works well for me.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Can't do hanging coins in a table hopping situation though but i agree that it is beautiful
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Bobo's complete coin vanish (hint: breast pocket) can be done under almost any conditions and is pretty angle-proof.

And you can't beat Dr. Roberts' sleeving for a complete vanish, either.

Jerry
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Or if you have a large budget to throw at a solution, Bob Fitch's coin attachment to the Fitch/Kohler holdout is supposed to do the job quite splendidly Smile

It fooled the bejesus out of me when I saw (or rather did not see) him use it for the first time.
Click to visit:
sethbek
View Profile
Regular user
New York
161 Posts

Profile of sethbek
thumb palm to "scratch head" place on top of head vanish Smile

Smile Smile Smile
*poof*
Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
Quote:
On 2002-10-29 22:52, sethbek wrote:
thumb palm to "scratch head" place on top of head vanish

As long as they aren't taller than you!!
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
At 5'6"... the top of head thing doesn't work too well for me... but for a complete vanish... well- scratching the back of my neck works pretty well.
Maxx
View Profile
New user
Germany
24 Posts

Profile of Maxx
I usually use Skinner's spider grip vanish. After some retention vanishes, followed by Ammars wiped clean, nobody suspects a coin in my hands when I finish with the spider grip vanish.
Greetings from Germany...

Maxx
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
I use a variation French Drop.
Elwood
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Elwood
Topit.
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
I can't tell if you mean a complete vanish or just a vanish from one hand. For the latter purpose, and in general situations, the retention vanish David Roth teaches can't be beat. If you mean vanishing the coin entirely, then I'd use a Raven if I had one and otherwise use a topit, Michael Ammar-style (I believe he attributes it to Fred Kaps).
JonnyA
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JonnyA
I like to use the Spider vanish. I see no necessity to use a retention pass, unless you're doing a flurry type routine. But if a vanish is only one part of a routine, i like a spider vanish or a classic palm vanish, sort of the way Goshman does it.
wildmind
View Profile
New user
New York
15 Posts

Profile of wildmind
Is it just me, or is the standard vanish taught in Bobo's an unconvincing sleight. It could be that I am not doing it correctly (although it seems simple enough) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin vanish? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL