The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Wolfman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Hi all,
just thought I would give you this tidbit for halloween. My uncle was the first one to play this little trick on me when I was small and it really packs an impact! Sence then I have even seen it in a movie (One of Jim Carey's) I changed it a bit for halloween. Picture yourself next to your spectator. You tell of a dream you had, Walking down a darken street, The mist moving past the streetlamps. I heard a noise from the ally. I turned and saw a man. He sounded like he was in pain, then it sounded more like snarls! I started running down the street as fast as I could. Looking for an open door, a light on...anything!!! I could hear something running up behind me. I made a dash for a door to a house. I was banging on that door when I heard the last snarl and felt the teeth on my neck! When I woke up I felt these bumps on my neck, here touch my neck and see! As the spectator reaches for your neck, bark at them and snap at their fingers. Then go for the mop!
This effect is all presentation and teaches us Bizarrists that patter is just as effective as the "magic" that accents it!
Enjoy!
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Hello Magickman,
Thanks for your post. Docc Hilford did this one for me at an Tony Andruzzi Invocational in Chicago a number of years ago. His story was a bit different but the effect was the same. It's a fun piece..thanks for the reminder...couldn't have come at a better time.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile Very good!

I'm going to have to try this out Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
This was done to me some years back.
The guy who did it must have waited hours, if not days, for the right moment!
It is very, very effective!
And momentarily shocking!
Smile
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Try adding in the idea from Mike Close. You were being chased by a vampire, "here check the bite marks on my neck". When you turn your neck, slip in some vampire teeth while you have the misdirection, then turn back and reveal the teeth.
Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I'll go so far as to say that this is a much more frightening effect (if that's what you're looking for) than any version of The Web.
If you're a good storyteller and can set the right mood this will generate screams.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yeah, this is old, even in England. I remember someone doing it on me about 15 years ago. Funny as hell though.

Turning around with fangs after a vampire themed trick, I was doing and suggesting in my first book in 1979. For a story/joke the snarl/growl gives the better jump.

Reminds me of the funny start to the "Twilight Zone" movie, "Want to see something scary?"

Paul.
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Hello There:
Hermetic Press published a book called "Brainfood". You`ll find the (in my opinion) best "Wolfman Routine" in it. It is scaring.
I phoned Stephen Minch just now and he told me, that he has 2 copies left only!!! If you want to do the mentioned routine, hurry up. For 27 bucks the book is a STEAL!

ESPecially
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
Hello. I've bought David Parr BRAINFOOD and I must say that the routine with the Wolfman theme is just one of the great effects you can find in it. The other effect I really like is the one with poisons (a classic effect, by the way).

Max
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I too would like to recomend David Parr's Brianfood. It was one of the first books I read when I got into Bizarre magic a few years ago. I found the wolfman routine inspired and have expanded it to fit my style. Great stuff!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Wolfman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL