The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need Help Finding an Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IVIrBigTime
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of IVIrBigTime
I have been looking for an illusion I seen performed by a few magicians, most notably David Copperfield in his Implosion Special. It is basically a sheet of diamond plate metal that 4 assistants hold level and he magically appears. I know all about bases, but this looks nothing like a base it isn't even a 1/2 thick.

I am looking for the name of the illusion and any help in actually finding it in a book or place that may sell it.

Thanks ahead of time,
Chris
Dream-Concepts
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Dream-Concepts
The sheet of metal effect used in the implosion special was created by Don Wayne and is probably available to license by special request.

The sheet of metal appearance that Copperfield uses' on his tour is a completely different method & has not been released for sale. It also uses a lot more equipment than you imagine and can only be used on big tours.
Our annual sale of Costumes & props is now on - view them at www.IllusionExchange.com
Michelangelo
View Profile
New user
United States
13 Posts

Profile of Michelangelo
The original "Four Men and a Board" was first presented by Charles Morritt at the London Pavilion, circa 1897. The most accessible information on this illusion appears in Jim Steinmeyer's Hiding the Elephant on pages 130-131 and 243. Under the right circumstances, this can still be very effective. The "Implosion" reappearance used sawhorses instead of people and that method is quite different. Copperfield's latest iteration was developed by Steinmeyer (he gets around!) and is titled "One." As mentioned, the method is again completely different from the other versions but use of the helpers at the corners is a presentational nod to the original Morritt.
--------------
Michelangelo
www.illusionist.net
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Are you the same michelangelo from the Visions website?
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
(yes - he is)
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Andre Kole was also (partly) responsible for the creation of "One."

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
NFox is correct on this one. The Illusion is called "One" and can only be obtained from Andre Kole... It's not easy to get the rights for Andre's stuff!

There will be a Live Touring version (Appropriately titled 'Two'), making it's touring debut live on stage sometime within the next year: As designed by myself. (Yes, permission was obtained)

From what I understand, there are no plans to allow anyone else to perform this illusion currently. We got LUCKY as my performer is a good friend of the Koles.

Whether or not Steinmeyer was involed I am not certain of. Could it have been a colaboration?

-Chris.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Andre has given me also his blessing to use the methodology he developed for "One". I am not allowed to use his original presentation (whish is what DC uses) but am allowed to use different presentations. He's a really great guy.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need Help Finding an Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL