The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Geatan Blooms version of hindu thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello,

Does anybody know if geatan Bloom published his version of the hindu thread effect somewhere. Although I think the original hindu thread is one of the most brilliant close up illusions ever, Geatans version is really marvelous.
I had the pleasure of seeing geatan performing this live in the Magic art Centre in the netherlands.

I allowes a lot of audience particpation and its extremly clean. I heared it was on a video from the early nineties, but I could be mistaking.

Thanks!

Simon
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Simon,
Can you describe what his routine is like? What makes it so special and how does he involve the audience?

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
This is what I remember:
Geatan introduces a spool of thread and walks on te me. He lets me break off a piece of the tread. This he repeats with several people, until he has about six, seven strings of thread. He walks up to the front of the stage and rubs the strings of thread together into a ball. Then he blows on it, and the thread is restored.

He shows both hands empty several times during the routine, even just before he restores the thread.

that's wat I recall, perhaps I don't remember it precisly.
But it was a piece of terrifiyng beauty.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Typical Gaetan... figured out a unique presentation for an olde classic.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
One of the avantages of his version is that one can use a thicker or a longer thread.
It is indeed on one of his earlier videos.
You might check Mayette Magie Moderne in Paris.
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I just learned he teaches it on the 1990 NJCAN video.
Ordered it right away through Meir Jedid.
Cain't wait!
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
From what I've heard Cellini seems to have a hinduthread routine on his last DVD that plays very big. Might be worth checking out as well.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
McComb used knitting wool, fairly thick, when he does it on stage.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mike Squires
View Profile
New user
Dallas
56 Posts

Profile of Mike Squires
Lonnie Chevrie has his version on his new DVD's that uses waxed dental floss. He fried me with it many years ago (1988). He has a very good close up handling as well.

Mike Squires
My New User status suggests that I've generally known when to keep my mouth shut.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Celllini magic that can be done anywhere has it ....and checrie outlaw nmaic which is my fav also has it

buy them both

koz
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
Where can you buy refills?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The best stage version I've ever seen was performed by Jonathan Neale at Ceasars Magic Empire years back. It was so beautiful to watch that I went back and saw the show 2 more time. He used a giant ball of string. Any ideas if he ever published his routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Geatan Blooms version of hindu thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL