The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Comedy Rope Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Hey, I've been looking around for a routine that I saw a guy in Virginia Beach do. He started with the professors nightmare, then after he put them all back to the different lengths, he put the medium rope around his neck and did a routine with the small and large rope. He connected them, disconnected them, removed the ends, and did a few more things with them. He introduced the medium rope after a few flashy effects and eventually finished with them all different lengths again.

If anyone knows who's routine this is, or a good comedy routine that I could use with no more than the ropes in professors nightmare, please give me a name and/or a link.
Thanks!
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
fanwun
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of fanwun
I'm not sure exactly what your talking about. What you've described is pretty vague. However, Fiber Optics fits the bill. You can add comedy to it. The presentation is all up to you. I do know that everything you described is found in that routine, as well as others. It might also help you to look up Whit Haydn's Mongolian Pop Knot routine.

All the best,
Sha
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
It might have been his take on the Fiber Optics. I sell those DVDs constantly.
Fiber Optics is a must have for eye-popping visual rope magic.
For other excellent routines see..

Daryl's (#8)
Haydn's Mongo Pop Knot (and see a wonderful clip here at the Café)
Steve Bedwell's "In Over Your Head" for a fantasticly funny stage routine

To put together your own routine, I suggest getting them all and molding your own
out of them. That's what I did.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
The effect is "Three Rings and A Baby". It's great, I've used it for several years. I believe you will find it at Camirand Magic in Canada.

Dwight Powell
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thinking about this origina question... it really doesn't matter WHAT rope trick you do... if YOU ARE FUNNY.

Reminds me... Clarke Crandall used to have 'em rolling with laughter doing the old Tarbell many cut rope trick. Nothing different, simple, no gimmicks, but ALL PRESENTATION.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Aldo Colombini has some wonderful comedy rope magic on his videos. Go to mammamiamagic.com
On an older tape series (not available) called Lasting Impressions he does some great comedy rope magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Comedy Rope Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL