The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Real estate magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of image
I am a magician but I am also a real estate agent full time. I was thinking of combining magic and realestate to pick up customers. my question is do any of yall out their know of any tricks that are related to real estate? cards coins anything?
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
When you are introducing the coins for what ever routine, bring them out and say:

"Realtors are always expected to be the authority on everything... just the other day, a guy pulled out some change and asked me, Would this be considered a lot?"

Any multiplying coin effect could be used to illustrate equity... You could also use Hundy 500 or Slow Burn to do the same thing.

Introducing cards... You could say that you were destined to be a realtor. When you were a kid, you would build houses out of cards...

A coin matrix routine could be used to illustrate that you have no "hidden charges at closing."

If a customer reacts badly to a house you are showing because of the previous tenants descision to paint the kitchen purple... You could do color changing knife to illustrate how easy it would be to change the paint.

A floating bill could be a good lead in to introduce clients to a lender that will "float them a loan..."

Any trick with a house key would be perfect for a realtor to use. A Haunted Key (commercial effect) could be used during the upcoming Halloween season. Patter could be about a haunted house you werte asked to sell...

Multiplying rabbits could be used if you are selling a rural property and there are lots of wildlife in the area...

If you're selling a commercial property in a good area - Professors Nightmare could be used to illustrate three facts about a property. price, condition, and location. When you stretch the ropes, the client see's that it's all about location, location, location!

That's it for now...

Lyndel
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Yes the appearing house trick is one of my favorites for real estate
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of image
Thanks guys these ideas you have are great... thanks alot
charlie
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
I'm here to serve
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Keep the ideas coming I am in the same boat.
Frank
BULKFACE
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
5 Posts

Profile of BULKFACE
Hi Image, this is AndyVegas the Realtor magician from Toronto Canada. Something you could do when prospecting for business is a floating business card routine. Or for high impact when giving your card out in your farm, there is a product out there by John Kennedy called the Stealth Retractor. You can shoot a business card up into your hand, and hand it to your prospect totally clean.

Check out Micheal Ammars Close Up Thread Miracles Volume 2 I believe. It will show you how the effect works. I'm looking to get this gimmick. Who will forget the crazy Realtor who floated their business card into their hands. The idea oozes of potential contacts. Let me know what you think Image. Take care/
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
I think the most important would be business card magic, they will remember you!
I just have this awfull image of going to look at a house and having the real estate agent following me around"pick a card, any card" LOL
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
If you are in sales and you want to use some magic to break the ice, your best bet is to tie your patter into the selling process. This way the effect will have a stronger emotional impact instead of just performing a card trick.

I just spoke with Mark Wilson last week at the Magic Castle. If you look at the old videos of his show the "Magic Land of Allakazam" you will find Mark & Bev writing and performing effects with a patter promoting the show's sponsors. They were one of the first to do this type of magic which I call "Product Promotional Magic."

You might find it interesting to visit a magic site, "Secrets4Selling.com" If you are a magician click on the link at the bottom of that page.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
In Eddy Wade's lecture at the KidAbra Conference this year, he touched on the topic of magic and selling homes. (I heard the lecture on CD.)

Eddy sells a CD of the lecture, titled... "Making a Giant Impact on Customers - Sequel - Audio CD 2005"

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi:

Submitted for whatever it's worth: My day job is contracting, and I am VERY reluctant to use Magic in any way on that job. From my local, small-sample-size, unscientifically-polled experience, Magic is not good for business.

Every carpentry sales call into which I've incorporated Magic has been lost - half a dozen over the last year. Last month I finished building a particularly nice garden gate, and the client was ready to hire me for the driveway gate, too -- until I mentioned that my night job is Magician. "Something about that in the Bible..." he muttered as he gave me my check. I didn't get the next job. Other clients are usually less 'specific,' giving me a "what the heck are you doing?" sort of attitude if they're shown a trick.

If I were to guess, I would say that the problem is one of credibility. Do clients really want a guy who plays with silks and billiard balls repairing or improving their damaged home? Are they thinking, "Is this joker gonna start juggling Skilsaws on the job? Is he going to vanish and not reappear to finish the work?" I don't know; those who bail won't say why. But contractors already have a reputation between that of ex-con and car salesman [those of you who've followed the La Mirada Saga know I'm already two for three...], so I'm fighting an uphill battle as it is. I do Magic for Magic clients, and leave the tricks in the truck when I'm bidding carpentry.

Leland
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Mark wilson has a video on business card magic
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I have been hired many times by a very successful realtor here in the SF bay area. What she has hired me to do is to do psychic readings for the people coming into her open houses. She puts an ad in the real estate section of the paper saying " Free Psychic Readings at 101 Main St etc etc". She'll also send out a mailer to the neighborhood stating that if they stop by they would get a free psychic reading.

This was sweet for me because she let me pass out my business cards to the people I did readings for. It was great for her because she was able to draw a lot of traffic into the open house. I don't think this would work in the bible belt.. but this is San Francisco.

Being a magician could help you network into the various civic groups that need entertainment for their different functions during the year. You donate your time and performance as an entertainer..you'll get real estate referrals if you work it right.

You could also offer a "birthday party magic show" to people in your farm in exchange for the names of " three people that you know who are looking to buy or sell in the next 30 to 60 days". Personal refferals are the best leads you can get.

I also know a husband and wife real estate team ( he is a mortgage guy and she is the realtor ). They make a TON of money! This is how.. she opened a dance/exercise studio in a upper income area. What she does is when someone signs up for aerobics classes she'll let them take free classes for a while and she'll let them know that she is a realtor and her husband does loans. That dance studio is nothing but a real estate refferal factory!! All the business they get is referred business. The people feel obligated to give them the names of people they know because they are getting free aerobics classes in return.

I agree with Leland..don't use magic with clients on the job.
Self concept is destiny..
Blackpool
View Profile
New user
Kingston, Ontario
31 Posts

Profile of Blackpool
I was a real estate agent for six years. In my sixth year, I was getting frustrated, so after seeing a trade show magician performing on Grand Illusions, I decided to try doing magic at our mall kiosk.

I would ask passersby if they wanted to take part in a psychological survey, then go into the 8-Card Brainwave. A few more tricks and they would start to open up (where normally they would just ignore me). I took every kiosk shift I could get, and things went well for about six weeks. Kingston is a long way from the Bible Belt, philosophically speaking.

One day another agent from my office stopped by and watched me for a few minutes. Half an hour later, I got a call from my office manager's assistant.

"Are you doing MAGIC at the kiosk?!?!?!" She said I was to stop AT ONCE because I was "tarnishing the image of real estate agents"! I had finally achieved the impossible! At that moment I decided I had had enough, and I had to get into a more honest profession. I decided to become a magician full-time.

A few weeks later, when I said farewell to my office manager, he informed me that when our Broker Owner found out about my activities, he wanted to fire me on the spot. Interesting to note: our Broker Owner had almost no real estate training or experience, and is best known for being a rock-and-roll guitarist. Apparently, that is considered a respectable career.
The Amazing Blackpool
Magician ~ Mental Illusionist ~ Hypnotist
Blackpool@KingstonMagic.com
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi:

New developments! During my day job on Tuesday, I was talking with a client about Disneyland, and mentioned that I go there to practise Magic. Turns out the client is having a party on the 8th and hired me to perform a show.

1 out of 7, I still don't like the odds of introducing Magic during "normal" jobs, but...this time, I got a gig! Smile
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Business cards with raised letters work just like a R**** Sm**** deck of cards. The possibilities are endless.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde

Another area that hasn't been mentioned, is to work to other Real Estate agents.

As you well know, Real Estate agents hold many Conferences, Sales Meetings, Training Days. There's your market. Use the skills you already have in magic plus your real world knowledge of the industry to devastating effect.

In fact I've just flown back from the other end of the country, where I did the closing session for a large Real Estate conference. What do I know about the industry. Not much. You have a big advantage. Use it.

Timothy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Real estate magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL