The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Any thoughts on effects for a ladies tea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
"lucky card" by giobbi in CCI is great for the ladies.
GREAT!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
andrew martin
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of andrew martin
Produce credit cards for them and drive them to the mall.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
I've done a couple of these types of shows and the best thing is that you have table space to do close-up work. Routines like Deep Astonishment, Wild Card, and Twisted Sisters, that require table space usually do real well.

Be friendly, and try to include all the ladies as active participants. They don't often get a chance to enjoy magic up-close so try to be charming and friendly.

The group I performed for has a monthly meeting. The month before me the group had to sit through a politicians speech. I was very welcome.

S. Patrick
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Most of these women are loose cannons just looking for an opportunity to go wild. I would suggest an x-rated sponge ball routine and card from zipper.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
magicmoment
View Profile
New user
Down Under Australia
54 Posts

Profile of magicmoment
Miss Kitty's Favorite Card Trick off Lonnie Chevrie's Captured DVD! Seals a great card transposition with a kiss.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
The lady's really enjoy "Gregory Wilson's" KISS OFF.
Just be sure to have enough kisses for everyone!

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Glorpy!

Use him as a fortune teller. Then have a missing whatever show up in his folds.

Women love to ask and answer his questions. He can be made to fit in almost any space. If he gets wet, put him back into your pocket and get out another one!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I vote for Napkin Rose.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I really like the Tea Chest. And with the new instructions, it is a breeze!

Here's a word from George at Viking/CW about the T'ang Dynasty Tea Chest Mystery. They have always provided the best customer service with their products:

Hi Christopher; sorry for the problem. I wish people would tell US (like you are doing).I don't go to those sites so I never hear about problems, but as soon as I do I try to correct them. All I need is s bit of feed-back. I will shoot new pictures and rewrite the instructions. I have been using the original CW instructions and since I know how to work the effect, I assumed the instructions were good. Upon reading them now, I see that they need work. I am sorry for the lack of proper guidenace and will correct this. You might let those on Magic Café know that we are issuing new instructions so if they are having problems, they should contact us.

Please give me a couple of days to sort this out. And again, ANYTIME you have a problem with any of our items or have suggestions to improve something, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
George Robinson Jr.
Viking/CW
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
KendallScot
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, Colorado
133 Posts

Profile of KendallScot
How about using Chinese coins for a coins-across routine? Storyline about Chinese tea and money. Adds a bit of mystery and flair to the routine?

Just a thought...
Kendall Scot

"The art of a magician is to create wonder. If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives will be filled with joy"
**Doug Henning**

"I drank WHAT?""
**Socrates**
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Sponge Bunnies and Pearl Poodle are top two. Also, anything that is inherently funny such as card on forehead. I think that being entertaining and charming is the key in these situations with a bit of tongue in cheek humor. Another routine that I think is AWESOME is Paul Harris' Reflex Test...it's not an effect I see too many people doing but I love and it ALWAYS gets a great reaction.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2005-10-14 11:46, paymerich wrote:
or just run out naked Like David stone does.. Oh wait, its a formal affair ... Add a bow tie ...

Of course, you should be creative and not wear it around your neck. ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Any thoughts on effects for a ladies tea? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL