The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
I'm not into scary movies like my wife is.

Randy
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I saw it this weekend. I thought it was good, but it lagged in some areas. I kind of felt like I was watching "Law and Order" in the downtime, but the spooky scenes were quite good and the special effects were excellent.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Some people's names are quite appropriate.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I want to see it soon, I hope my parents will allow me!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You may or may not thank me (I haven't troubled to see a number of movies after [choose one] having the plot tipped OR seeing just how bleedin' lame they are)

http://www.themoviespoiler.com
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Apparently the movie was loosely based on a girl from germany by the name of Annaleise Michel. If you do a google search you'll find out what happened. No actual proof was ever given either way. No one was able to prove that she actually had a phsycotic form of epilepsey (which is apparently very rare) and no one was able to prove she was possesed. Either way, it was an interesting movie.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
rboeskin
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rboeskin
That movie does look really scary.
rboeskin
rboeskin
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rboeskin
The first one was
rboeskin
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, the Exorcist with Linda Blair was and still is to date, the scariest movie ever made! They had nurses at the theaters that played it in case anyone got sick or passed out. They also had puke bags in every seat!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 19:49, themagicman101 wrote:
Ya, the Exorcist with Linda Blair was and still is to date, the scariest movie ever made! They had nurses at the theaters that played it in case anyone got sick or passed out. They also had puke bags in every seat!

They did the same for the Blair Witch. Soooooooo yeah, we saw how well that played out.

As far as the excorcist being the scariest movie ever, I feel that many surpass it. Just opinion though.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I saw on a biography kindof thing that the Exorcist is still the scariest movie around. And I have mixed feelings about that. It is an old movie, and a lot of scary movies have come out since then. And they would have probably used old F/X. So I don't know how the Exorcist could still be the scariest movie around, because there are some very, very scary movie out now. But, Ive seen little clips from the movie, and it does look very, very scary. So, its hard to tell if it is still the scariest movie or not, but they say it still is.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I almost got to see it today, but my mom wants to see a movie with ME. So I am goin to see a movie with her, and I will see this movie some other day with my friends! Cant wait!
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
I saw it this saturday. I personally liked it a lot. Very cool special effects.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
James Randi has more on this film, and just how much of a "true story" it is, over at his website.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I just ordered the DVD off Amazon, I know, I wait for the hoopla to die down and pick a dark spooky night if I can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL