The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Gothic stage magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
Read this book: Hex Files: the goth bible by Mick Mercer, 1996, ISBN 0 7134 80335, £17.99. You'll find all the "looks" ever needed. Think black; basic black.

Be mindful of not allowing your routine to be more about the goth trappings than the mystery of the magic performed.
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2005-10-11 17:45, BlackShadow wrote:
I'm a Goth and the best advice I would give is just be yourself. Don't try and do "Goth" if it doesn't fit with you. Goth is no one particular thing anyway, it's more a medium to fit in with your personal tastes. There's been volumes of debates written on Goth sites about what is Goth and what isn't, and it's all circuitous waffle like the discussions on here about ethics, exposure and sleights v. gimmicks etc.

If you're thinking about classic Goth styles then choose from any of the following: Dark clothes, Black, Purple, Dark Blue, Red, white, silver, lace, leather, velvet, waistcoats, jackets, tailcoats, dusters, heels, platforms, boots, top hats, make up, silver jewellery, see through clothing. (That's by no means an exhaustive list!)

You don't have to do any of them. Just what feels comfortable and fits in with how you want to feel. There's no particular gender or conventional boundaries involved. But if you don't feel it and it's not natural, don't do it. You'll get sussed pretty quick.

On the money. Goth is a subtle thing and not the 'freak show' public image of it, just as the "TV beatniks" of the early 60s were little like the actual beats.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
I hope I'm not too late to the conversation, but the best goth-styled magician has to be Dan Sperry. In my opinion, he blows Criss Angel out of the water both in performance ability and style.
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
The goth look has been copied to much, it won't help most.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
But black will always look good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Gothic stage magician (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL