The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob farmer's "Headhunter" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
An oldie but a goodie!

I have perfomed this for years, and if it's still available at Hank Lee, you would be really doing well to get your hands on it.

This is basicly a monte/wild card routine involving one jack of hearts and several blank cards.
The premise is that you are giving the spectator a 'test' to see how DISHONEST he is.

The jack is openly placed amoung the blanks several times, and with No suspicious moves, he instantly vanishes and reapears on the table.

this is rpeated several times, and finally, the wild card effect kicks in and all the blanks turn into jacks.

If you practice it well, it is BEAUTIFUL to behold. The jacks seem to simply vanish in a second's time.

The instructions are in a book type format, and are extremely detailed and spelled out for you. Bob leaves nothing to chance.

This is a fine effect, that has stood me well over the years, and I give it a high five stars!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
I've worn out my first set of cards for this effect. I guess that should tell you how much I do it. It's very strong.

And when you wear out your set, you can easily make up another one yourself. There are some slightly different cards used but no extraordinarily odd ones that require special printing.
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Be sure to check out Michael Close's "Closely Guarded Secrets" for some brilliant presentational ploys for Bob's great piece. Very clever stuff!

-Karl
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-09-06 08:51, doiron wrote:
I've worn out my first set of cards for this effect. I guess that should tell you how much I do it. It's very strong.

And when you wear out your set, you can easily make up another one yourself. There are some slightly different cards used but no extraordinarily odd ones that require special printing.

That is exactly what I did! I wore them out and made up another set! This effect really hits 'em hard!

Posted: Sep 6, 2005 6:51pm
Quote:
On 2005-09-06 14:12, Karl Miller wrote:
Be sure to check out Michael Close's "Closely Guarded Secrets" for some brilliant presentational ploys for Bob's great piece. Very clever stuff!

-Karl

I didn't know Michael had a version of this! Michael's approval speaks volumes about the effect. Michael "don't do junk."
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
I have a new version with new cards that are really cool. If interested, email bammomagic@cogeco.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob farmer's "Headhunter" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL