The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Color changes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
So it is called Duck Change eh?

Olivier Marcia mistyped it as Dark Change... Smile
Ah well, that is a great color change anyway,
I use it a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
Where can you learn Duck Change?
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I first learned it from Dan Fleshmen who learned it from Hiro Sakai the creator. "The Duck change" is it's nickname(no idea where it got that name), that has slowly become it's real name. Hiro had a different name for it that I've forgotten. Hiro is one of the more well known Japanese magicians, although I'm unaware of anywhere he might have published it.

The Buck Twins teach it(although they themselves did not have proper instruction) in Nursery Rhymes 3.

Dan Fleshman teaches it in his new Restaurant dvd trilogy, I cannot recall which volume, it is part of an ace revelation he performs.
Joshua 24:15
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Very interesting...gotta save money again...Smile

kind of expensive (the trilogy I mean) . I hate not living overseas

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
The Duck change, if I recall correctly, was in an issue of magic magazine a few years back. Though I've met Hiro Sakai, I've never seen him do it. I've seen lots of other Japanese magicians do it, but not him.

While I was in Japan, it seemed like all the card guys could do the duck change but things like the erdnase color change were so foreign to them. They were asking me to teach them all sorts of color changes, but they had the duck change down.

The name, I'm guessing either comes from the way the cards are bent, and it looks like a duck beak or maybe the sound of the color change is like the sound of a duck. Just a guess.

K.C.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Color changes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL