The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Frewin Complete Course in Dove Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey all,
I received my copy of Greg Frewins Complete Course in Dove Magic and wanted to pass on my thoughts regarding them. Although I am in no way a qualified critic, the following information may assist you in your decision to purchase these fine DVD's. This set comes in a nice case which houses all 3 DVD's which makes it easy to keep them together and clean. Ok, on to the "good stuff".

Disk 1: Greg covering numerous topics in regards to caring for your doves. He goes into great detail covering feeding, maintaining the doves health, traveling with doves, different types of cages and general information someone considering working (and living) with doves will want to be aware of prior to obtaining your doves. The depth of information he shares should be "required watching" for anyone who anticipates putting doves into their act. I have had my doves for 6 years and found a lot of useful information here. Also, Greg tackles the prospect of coloring your doves. He also shares an important lesson here which effected his thinking on the use of colored doves. Well worth thinking about if you are considering this. To round out this DVD, Greg discusses the use of props in dove magic and offers suggestions in their use / overuse while routining your dove act.

Disk 2: Disk 2 is a DVD which (IMHO), the world of dove has needed for a very long time. Here is where Greg reveals his techniques he has used to achieve the well trained doves used in his World Famous act. The techniques are solid and, if followed, I am certain you will achieve the same results. He explains the psychology behind the techniques and covers every aspect needed to obtain the desired results. Next, you are shown an "off the rack" tuxedo which Greg then completely sets up (and later uses), for use in a dove routine. The jacket, sleeves, pockets, etc. e takes you step by step through the entire procedure. His idea involving the dove pocket, again (IMHO) is worth the price of the set. An extremely informative DVD which most purchasers will watch again and again.

Disk 3: This DVD deals almost strictly with technique. Using the tuxedo shown earlier, Greg shows how to correctly perform the various doves techniques. If you watch the techniques, practice and give them the required attention, your audience will thank you many times over. What I really enjoyed about this DVD was Greg's thoughts on routining and originality. Definately words to take to heart.

In general: This DVD set contains a wealth of information which every dove worker or potential dove worker should have in their library. It contains information which could only be obtained through years of performing. Greg passes on information which will enable you to take your dove act to the next level. Highly recommended! Any questions, PM me and I will try to answer.
Tony
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tony, couldn't agree more with your review. I've had my set for quite awhile and still use it for reference material. It's a bit pricey but if you're serious about Dove magic, it's a great investment.
Where the magic begins
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hey Dave,
You are absolutely correct. When someone who has performed as long as Greg decides to tip the "inside info", it can almost have a reverse effect. What I mean is, when I heard Greg had released his DVD's, I wondered, "Can they really be THAT good?" Well, I am happy to report DEFINATELY! I have shelves of dove information and this DVD set covers aspects I have never seen before on DVD or print. Even though some may consider them pricey, I believe that to be relative. The infomation contained will be invaluable to someone starting out in dove magic and I, like you, learned alot. Money well spent? You bet! Thank you Greg!!!!!
Tony
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Thanks for the review.
Where did you buy yours?
Daniel Faith
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Hi Daniel,
I purchased mine from Greg's website.

http://www.gregfrewin.com/products.htm
Tony
carddealer69
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of carddealer69
Greg Frewin is my favorite dove performer ever since WGM. Thank you for the links. I will purchase this DVD.
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
You will be glad you did .. definately the best dove workers dvd on the market . gives you everything you need to know plus more .....
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys.. I would be INCREDIBLY happy if someone could give me a list of the whole "table of contents" of the trilogy.. Please, someone do it! =]

Just list everything he goes over and explains.. Thanks so much.. I know I'm asking for alot, but I'm just trying to gather all the info I can about these dvds before I make the purchase..

Thanks!
-Vinnie
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Ok, I'll answer your question. However, give me a week time cause I'm kinda busy and I need to watch those DVDs once more.
daviddeltoro
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of daviddeltoro
Hi, I wanted to review this set, but I have seen that has been reviewed before.Well I liked the revision that tdowell2007 made but Im going to be very expicit and direct. I hope Smile

Quote:
In general: This DVD set contains a wealth of information which every dove worker or potential dove worker should have in their library.

Im not aggree with this... this video set is a MUST have, what the review has forgotten to say is that the DVD does not come alone, it includes the patterns to make your own holders (invisible and normal) as well as the pockets.
The Greg Frewin's holders are for sure the best holders that are on the market. They are deceptive (if yous see the video you know what I mean) and the most important thing is that avoids the problem that many holders sold by professionals have: BREAKING THE TAIL OF THE DOVES. I have in my collection Tony Clark's holders as many other... they are rubbish compared to the Greg Frewin concept.

I would tell you a story, years ago I purchased the Tony Clark holders that are really expensive, but two of my trained doves were two bigs for the holders and suffered a lot with the feathers of the tail. So resumming.

Avoid any other resource in dove magic, just buy this. Comes 3 DVDS that would made my live pretty easy time ago, the video of care the doves is supberb as contains a lot of ideas of marking the doves as well techniques of coloring them, The second video teach you how to make the possibly best holders on the market using the patterns that comes with the DVD set, that's worth the money!! and the third DVD shows you the real techniques to be a great dove performer, toss vanish, dove split, etc...

In my career as a dove worker the only idea I took from Tony Clark's Unmasks is the production from the napkin box, and I don't do it with a dove but with a parackeet in other part of my show in wich I'm not loaded.

BUY THIS SET AND AVOID THE REST IF YOU WANT TO GO ON THE WAY OF A REAL DOVE WORKER.

P.D. Not recommended for lazy magicians that produces the doves from apparatus.

David
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
At first I was hesitant to plop down the $150 to buy the set, but in retrospect it would have been a bargain at twice the price given the wealth of information provided, not to mention the detailed instruction. Nothing is left open to interpretation...Greg meticulously takes the viewer step by step through various aspects of dove magic.
My first set of birds are coming at the end of the month, and after watching Greg's DVDs I feel much, much more at ease with the prospect of working with them.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
ESJohn
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of ESJohn
Tdowell2007 or Eddy Ray,

when I clicked on your link where you said you bought them, It said the webpage could not be found. Similarly, when I clicked on the link where all the contents of the DVD's were suppose to be in the other thread about the Complete course, it said nothing matched my search. I found a Greg Frewin dove website with a purple and black color scheme and just ordered mine from there. It has not arrived yet. Is this the same website as the one you purchased it from?

I would really appreciate some help with this one.

Thanks again.
JoshRyan
View Profile
Regular user
Kitchener, ON, Canda
123 Posts

Profile of JoshRyan
Anyone know where to buy 'the complete course in dove magic' these days?
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2015, FiveTheMagician wrote:

I believe that it's no longer for sale anywhere.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:

Never heard of the Complete Course in Dove Magic, do you mean the Encyclopedia of Dove Magic published by Supreme Magic, or do you mean Marian Chavez's Encyclopedia of Dove Magic?

Chavez book is available.

Supreme 5 volumes is out of print, I have all 5 volumes. Some the material is good and give a lot of ideas. The most important items for me was the methods published by famous dove magicians. Note, that a lot of the props they discuss are no longer available, because Supreme Magic is defunct now.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:

Never heard of the Complete Course in Dove Magic

He's talking about The Greg Frewin DVD series that is in the title of this thread called The Complete Course in Dove Magic. I used to have it. It's extremely good. Read the first post in the thread to find out about it.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
JoshRyan
View Profile
Regular user
Kitchener, ON, Canda
123 Posts

Profile of JoshRyan
I contacted the Greg Frewin Theatre in Niagara Falls - looks like he's working with jungle cats now in his show, and Greg informed me that he'll have the Complete Course in Dove Magic available again in a week when his website is back up and running.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
That's awesome news. I will be getting myself a new copy for sure. Some of the best info on the topic that's out there.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Frewin Complete Course in Dove Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL