The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Berglas DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
"Selling used books is perfectly legal"

Looking thru my Stephen King collection the older books have the phrase "This book is sold subject to the condition tat it shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, RESOLD (my emphasis), hired out or otherise circulated without the publisher's prior consent..."
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Is that King book a pre-release version? I've never heard of laws forbidding the sale of used books in the States, where I reside. And there are plenty of used book stores.

Bartlewizard, what is your understandingn of the legality of the sale of used books?
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It's a UK edition so maybe it's a UK thing altho I stress the UK is replete with second hand books so if it IS illegal, it hasn't actually stopped people from re-selling.

I highlighted this as another example of something which is perhaps technichally illegal but isn't enforced.

I do agree the guy on ebay should contact the right holders to the show but I also think it's perfectly reasonable for someone like Martin Duffy to charge a small fee to provide the DVD's...mind you, IIRC his fee wasn't that small.
skullmaster
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of skullmaster
I might add that the guy selling the DVD on ebay does not mention the fact that they are, his own copies, or that the Shows were never put out on Video or DVD. Which I suppose is to be expected.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Yes, to be expected but people spending crazy amounts of money of the DVD's (and there was one buyer who paid somehing in the region of 70 quid for a set!!!) must surely know they aren't official releases? He's also selling old Paul Daniels series too and some of them fetch high amounts and I am pretty sure the people buying know exactly what they are buying.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
FOR SALE SOON David Berglas entire tv series, Maurice Fogel Tv series, Kreskin Tv Series, Romark Tv series, Chan Canasta,all on DVD re mastered and others enquires to BDI productions . Well I have them all so I probably could but wont.
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
104 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Quote:
On 2005-09-22 04:56, Ian Broadmore wrote:
FOR SALE SOON David Berglas entire tv series, Maurice Fogel Tv series, Kreskin Tv Series, Romark Tv series, Chan Canasta,all on DVD re mastered and others enquires to BDI productions . Well I have them all so I probably could but wont.
When will the david berglas d.v.ds be for sale and who is bdi productions
andy
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
Recording off the tv and lending would be considered fair use.

Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are:

* Private and research study purposes.
* Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes.
* Criticism and news reporting.
* Incidental inclusion.
* Copies and lending by librarians.
* Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes.
* Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting.
* Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program.
* Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society.

If you are attempting to make a profit then you require a license.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I think its' a good point well made about criminal pirates. The mentality of criminals is to reep and not to repent. My brothers take arms.

Criss
meep,meep
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Berglas DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL