The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tennis manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Anyone ever see an appearing tennis raquet? or how about the Fin Jon tennis ball routine? Thanks for your time.....
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Hi... that's why I love stage magic.. Because an appearing Tennis Racket wouldnt be in demand for a lot of people so we are not likely to see one marketed. You have to make it up on your own. I agree, with the multiplying tennis balls, it would make for a nice act..

Just prop it on your back...With the handle sticking out of your coat a little.. It would have to be your first or second effect, just steal it with the cover of a silk.. Or maybe a Tennis net!!!!!!! With black backing behind it so the racket wouldnt be seen..That could be cool..
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The late Bill Strickland from England did an Appearing tennis Racket as I remember. It was very unusal. He had a cover he use for the racket. Or it could have been the neting or whatever the strings are called also appeared. The racket folded a couple of times.

The late Neil Foster invented a tennis racket and ball routine. Abbott's sold it but not many purchased it. So it is no longer available. It used a black art principal and the stricks appeared. The ball changed color, it used a tube like the balls come in.

That is all that I know was ever invented.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Thanks Bill and Eric for the info........
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I remember seeing someone do something a few years back where he took a tennis racket out of its case and showed the case empty. He zipped it back up and a handle popped out of the bottom, he opened the case, and there was a 2nd racket. He produced 5 white rackets in this way.

He then put the white tennis rackets into a white case, he then visually changed the outer case red. The case was opened and the racket was now red. He did this for all 5 rackets changing them all different colors.

That was the best and most visual trick I have ever seen done with the paddle move...

Just some ideas to get you started.

Derek Merdinyan
AlmostAmazingJames
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of AlmostAmazingJames
Another idea is to build an egg on fan with a tennis ball instead of the egg. I think that would be really cool.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
For multiplying tennis balls: Tennis shops have ball droppers that clip to your waistband. Women players use them since they don't have pockets. They make a metal one too that holds even a slippery billard ball snug. It can be bent to hold smaller balls too. I think they're called Ball Caddy or My Caddy.
At the same place I found a golf product called "Grrrip". It goes on liquid but instantly dries to powder. Great for sweaty hands. Hope it's useful.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
They also market a set of multiplying tennis balls now. I think they are by Finn Jon.

Derek Merdinyan
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Does anyone know if the tennis balls by Finn Jon are smaller than regulatory tennis balls? I cant imagine being able to hold 4 full size tennis balls between my fingers..
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Anyone????
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I think they are a sponge material. I hear they are pricy though.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2005-09-26 12:18, Eric Leclerc wrote:
Does anyone know if the tennis balls by Finn Jon are smaller than regulatory tennis balls? I cant imagine being able to hold 4 full size tennis balls between my fingers..

Take a look at Stevens Magic Emporium website
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
If the tennis racket is small enough to be concealed under your coat, you can use the Michael Ammar's appearing bottle effect using the racket intead of the bottle

Dave
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I think maybe a racket ball racket might be perfect ....nice idea dave.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Tennis manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL