The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Question about Lonnie Chevrie's Dental Floss trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I've been working on Lonnie Chevrie's Gypsy Dental floss trick for quite a while and am about ready to give up. I have his DVD - have watched him probably 10 times, at least.

The problem is I can't get the floss to roll up in a nice bundle like he has on the DVD. I'm using the waxed Johnson floss - same as Lonnie. I'm doing everything the same, same folding techniques that he shows, but at least half the time there are ends sticking out of my rolled up bundle of broken pieces, which is not good (for those who know the method, you need to have a compact bundle, unless your thumb and finger are HUGE).

Anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Ron
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Maybe you need to try another dental floss because if the floss have enought wax, you can do the bundle very very easy, I try a lot of dental floss brands in order to find the proper one, because a lot of dental floss (with wax) do not work.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Sometimes the wax might be a little older too...dont igve up on this effect...its a reputation maker, I promise...i have been working on this too and have the same probbblem...lets work on this together and we can talk about it...pm me

koz
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Ron, are you using USED dental floss?

I know kozmo is. he only makes $3 a hat so....
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea....$3 man!, and it was great....doesn't happen all the time though Smile

koz
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-09-28 00:22, Frank Starsini wrote:
Ron, are you using USED dental floss?

Great idea...It's much cheaper....By the way, what do you do with all those broken pieces when you are done practicing, and how much does that type cost?....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2005-09-28 12:26, joseph wrote:
By the way, what do you do with all those broken pieces when you are done practicing?....

That's the very idea of the trick, you put them together in order to do the trick again Smile
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Actually I've found very usable dentfloss waxed at a one pund shop in the UK. Not only was it waxed, but it allso came in a 100 yard roll. Only downside is, that the container is not suitable, so now I'm rolling it onto a nother container for 10 yards per time. 1 £ though, that's cheap.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Question about Lonnie Chevrie's Dental Floss trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL