The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How to Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Now we're talking serious fun!
-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Criss Angel did that on his Levitation episode. Looks really fun!!!
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Does look fun. Not as much fun as a real sky dive though! (probably the best thing you can ever do. Apart from a flawless Simple Switch, that is. Need to get out more)

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Someday I will own one of these for my backyard. That's a large part of my Dream House.
Dutch illusionist
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
96 Posts

Profile of Dutch illusionist
How does it work? Looks like really fun to do Smile
Magical greetings,

Dutch illusionist
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
It's a vertical wind tunnel, otherwise known as a HUGE FAN.

The POINT is, I want one.
hype
View Profile
New user
Oshawa Ontario Canada
28 Posts

Profile of hype
Me to. There are places around where you can go do this. There is one in toronto but that is a little to far for you Smile
"The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful."

Doug Henning

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Unknown
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Never seen something great as this. I want one. And I want to do it with the soundtrack used by Copperfield when he flies on stage.
I wonder how can you stay in the middle on the fan and don't fly away like a lifeless leaf and how much power you need to run the engine of the fan...
But yes, I love it and I want it in my garden. Now.

Davide
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Yes! This is awesome. I did this in Vegas when I was there and it was so much fun. The closest thing to real flying, other than actual skydiving, which by the way if you haven't tried than I highly recommend you do! But for $50 I think this is a great alternative for those who lack the "parts" to do the real thing Smile
Corey King
swee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swee
This is absolutely FLYING
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Their is also an airplane that nasa runs, you can buy a ticket and what happens is the plane free falls but your in a huge padded room and the plane actually falls faster than gravity so you float just like the astronauts, it lasts only a couple minutes but they can bring it up and do it again. Now that would be fun, No wind No strings Just complete weightlesness
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-10-25 16:26, Joe Russell wrote:
Their is also an airplane that nasa runs, you can buy a ticket and what happens is the plane free falls but your in a huge padded room and the plane actually falls faster than gravity so you float just like the astronauts, it lasts only a couple minutes but they can bring it up and do it again. Now that would be fun, No wind No strings Just complete weightlesness

That is not flying however, that is floating. You just kinda bounce around in mid air. Sure it would be fun, but you wouldn't have any kind of control as you would with the vertical wind tunnel. Not to mention how terribly sick you might get.
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
My point is that you become absolutly weightless, and I don't thing you "bounce around" you have pretty good control
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Yes, it's called the "Vomit Comet"!

Quote:
On 2005-10-25 16:26, Joe Russell wrote:
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
For 500$ you can experience 30 seconds (in total) of 0 gravity in russia! that is FLOATING!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
magiCAD
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
166 Posts

Profile of magiCAD
That's an awful lot for 30 seconds. I'd hang on to my cash.
-Rich
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Quote:
On 2005-10-26 20:17, pkg wrote:
For 500$ you can experience 30 seconds (in total) of 0 gravity in russia! that is FLOATING!

Ummm, care to explain how that is possible? Hehe, because the only way to experience 0 gravity within the Earths atmosphere is a ride in the Vomet Comet (or similar airplane).

That is why the NASA astronauts use it!

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How to Fly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL