The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Colored flash string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joshcorn
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of joshcorn
Do you know if there is any flash string on the market that is a different color other than white. I do not need the flame to be a different color just the string itself. I didn't know if I could just color it with a sharpie or paint it because I do not want to alter the way that the string burns. Thanks in advance. -Josh
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
You can do it with a sharpie or by soaking it in food dye...just make sure it's totaly dry before you use it

-brandon
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I believe you are supposed to color it with a magic marker...

(dont quote me on that)

Derek Merdinyan
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Magic Hands sells a nice black cord.Cordially,Howaed
joshcorn
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of joshcorn
Great! Thanks for all your help. -Josh
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
You can get black from Arjans (sp) as well.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
joshcorn
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of joshcorn
That Arjans wbsite is perfect as I really needed black string. And their price is the best I have seen. Thanks alot. - Josh
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I use sharpie markers on flash paper to color it the color I needed all the time and it works perfectly, no worries.

Take care,

Bryan
Tony S
View Profile
Special user
New York
582 Posts

Profile of Tony S
Thanks for that tip Bryan.
We are all about as successful as we choose to be.

www.anthonysisti.com
malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Trying to decide if coloring flash string to blue and doing string to silk would look nicer (blue to blue) or if the white string to blue silk is more visually appealing due to the contrast in colors. You get an transformation (or appearance depending how you look at it) and color change (kinda). Hmmm....
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hi Joshmagic, I have been using colored flash paper and string for about 10 years now. on my DVD and in my lectures I teach how to color the flash paper and string.

I use colored sharpie markers as the ink will not affect the burn of the string or paper. I get the fat sharpies so that there is a wider tip to use when coloring. the key is also to make sure you do this in time to let it fully dry.

you can also use fabric markers as they come in a broad range of color and all have fat tips.

hope this helps and if you need any other info on the string or paper let me know.

magically yours
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Sam,

Do you have a link to your DVD? What other content does it contain.

Thanks.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hey magicstarmike- sorry I have been away quite a bit with my shows.

my new website does not have the store portion up and running as of yet.

my Lecture DVD has my color change balloon, proper handling of a dove tray,my handling and set up for gypsy thread (guaranteeing to never tangle!!!)flash paper set up with sparkle additive. and honestly I cant remember the rest. will look at it tomorrow and see what else is on there.

I do hope to have my store up and running again some time this summer. too many other things going on right now and I am getting ready for my national tour so time is really tight.

thanks

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Leather dye has many colors and works well for the coloring. I used to dye my flashpaper with it. I needed a parchment colored flashpaper and the tea/coffee grounds did not look right, I used a buckskin color leather dye with great success. The leather dye colors are actually very vibrant and dry quickly. I had no issues with the burn either.
Shannon zhuo
View Profile
New user
China
21 Posts

Profile of Shannon zhuo
There's Blue,Red,Black and Yellow flash string on the market now.Never heard using leather dye,sounds interesting.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well
http://www.redcornermagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Colored flash string (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL