The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » About Camilo Vasquez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
While searching topics for "Signed Card in Sealed Bottle" I've learned of a Spanish magi named Camilo Vasquez and that he performs a beautiful Card to Brandy Bottle that's absolutely amazing!! I was both sad & happy to learn this effect has and probably NEVER will be published or marketed. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone in the community here knows if he has a website? Any marketed effects or books? If not then do you think he'll ever?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
You can find out a lot about Camilo Vasquez in the recently published "The Magic of Ascanio -- The Structural Conception of Magic" by Ascanio and Etcheverry, although there are NO TRICKS in the book.

I've seen Camilo many times in New York and his repertoire is amazing -- not just Card in Sealed Brandy Bottle.

He was a student of Ascanio's and is a frequent collabarator on projects with his friend Juan Tamariz.

I don't think he has a website. You can see him perform a trick on the Stevens Magic Emporium video, "The Magic of Spain, Vol 2." I don't think this has been transferred to DVD as yet.

Matt Field
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
I think that Camilo Vazquez, never has published his Signed card in sealed bottle, as far as I know. And I could understand him, his routine is incredible.

But there are some of Camilo´s effects, and writings published out there, but in spanish. His coin work is also very famous. If you speak or read spanish, maybe I could get you one of his lectures about coinmagic.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Pablo,
Thanks for the response. It would be great to see this effect published/marketed someday but I don't think it will ever happen. I appreciate the offer to get me some of his lecture notes, but unfortunately "me no hablo espanol". Again, thanks and if you communicate with CV could you inquire if he's thought more on releasing his Card to Brandy Bottle effect? Just dreamin' as usual.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Has any of Camilo’s material been published in the last decade or so?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » About Camilo Vasquez (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL