The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tattoos and stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
Well Cardone, I'd have to say I'm a Wannabee conformist then. I would like to get my tattoo's taken off. I'm tired of having ink on my skin, it doesn't look good anymore. Also, try explaining to your children why you have a tattoo and why they shouldn't get one.

Tattoo's get old, it's a fad thing. Sure some people love them years after they get them. I've had mine for about 10 years now and I'm moving on in life.
Skål

--
Alan
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Moving on from what? Tatoos are not fashion........I told my 4 year old when he is 18 we can go and get one together.....Why would I tell him it is bad to have one .....what does that say about me .....I wanted a tattoo when I was 13 years old .....way before the hipsters were getting them.....so I gave my self one with a pin and some ink.....I have never in my life have said I wish I would have done that or why did I do that.....NEVER......I still play with toys ....go to rock shows ....read comics...ect.....and still lead a responsible life .....house, car, kids....ect......People make weird decisions to do things that in their heart are not true.
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
Moving on from having tattoo's. What else? It's like giving up playing an instrument or magic. Except you're stuck with this ink under your skin. I still play with toys too, and go to rock shows(I even play in a few bands). However, I've cut my long hair, I don't get wasted every weekend. I'm now "that guy" that stands at the back of the club drinking his beer, with ear plugs in, enjoying the show. I guess I've grown up a little and I'm moving away from liking tattoo's.
Skål

--
Alan
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'd like to consider either a Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice or Bullwinkle pulling Rocky out of a hat!

Then I remember a line from a sit-com where a character is considering a tattoo. He meets his roommates father who has a huge eagle across his chest.

MAN: Did that hurt?

FATHER: Let me put it this way. Have you ever been in prison?

MAN: No.

FATHER: It'll hurt.

:rotf:
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 23:52, AntonDreaming wrote:
What are you looking to get done on your elbows?

I dunno yet, but have been looking around. Plenty of time to think about it.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
icicular
View Profile
New user
USA
75 Posts

Profile of icicular
No matter if my tastes change, my tattoo won't. It'll always remind me of a certain time in my life, a very happy, carefree time, I might add.

The same goes if I had a tattoo commemorating a painful memory... tattoos can be sort of a personal written history. They'll always keep some part of you grounded in your past.

Plus, they look really boss!
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B. - Fats Domino
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You might try the search function. This topic has been discussed a number of times here on the Café. For example you will find the following (some but not all of the discussions):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=107

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
BARNABAS
View Profile
New user
Streamwood IL, USA
16 Posts

Profile of BARNABAS
I have Houdini's signature on my left wrist. I keep spending more money on my Handcuffs than Ink. I have all my Art planned out. I hope to get more before Cannon's Great Escapes Convention in 2006.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I have Five tat's...a 0ne inch black cross near my you know what, a small black cross on my left hand near my thumb, on my upper left arm I have a large skull with long flowing hair and a ribbon around it which says "Down Twisted" (this was my band in the 80's)...

On my other arm is a rose with a ribbon under it which on it has the name of my exgirlfriend, the last tat is on my right shoulder it's a skull wearing a tophat with a magic wand.

Cool old man tat's!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tattoos and stuff (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL