The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for more seashell sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Greetings from the land of impending hurricanes.....

After learning Allen Okawa's "Wishing Shell" from the Kaufman Collected Almanac, I am hungry to learn more sleights involving seashells. I have heard of a book called "Sawa's Library of Magic" as being a source for some of these types of tricks. Does anyone know where I could find a copy of this book ? I have tried all the usually magic book sellers, with no results. I know the book is out of print, but it has not been that long since the pressing (1988 I think) so hopefully, there are some copies for sale floating around out there. Anybody got one they want to sell ????????

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL (in the "cone" of Wilma)
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
François
View Profile
New user
France
62 Posts

Profile of François
Hello Trumpetman,

Just try here at this adress: http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk/
They have many many books, and some time old stock, ask them, maybe if you are lucky.
At this adress I found magicbooks that, I thought impossible to find.
You can also try at this adress, but I guess you already know it: http://www.abebooks.com/
Good luck for your search
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
While Sawa's book is a great book it does not contain any routines utilizing seashells. At least I couldn't find any and I just now skimmed through it. There is an effect using seashells in Mike Roger's book "The Complete Mike Rogers". It uses three Heart Clam shells and is a three shell game/cups and balls type routine. I also recall Curtis Kam doing an entertaining card routine which involved a seashell at a convention in Hawaii years ago. I don't know if it is in print anywhere but Curtis does visit the Café so you might check with him.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Thanks for the info guys. I was certain someone hd told me the Sawa book had some seashell routines. Guess they were/I was wrong ! I will check out the MIke Rogers routine. I have heard about Curtis Kam on this site. I will do some more archieve searching.....

MArk Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for more seashell sleights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL