The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My big break (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
A company I worked for has given me the chance to be their site magician. they hold functions such as weddings, birthdays aswell as corperate gatherings. what the manager has asked me to do is put together on 1 piece of a4 paper about me and my magic and prices. what else would anyone suggest I put on this sheet that will make people want to hire me? photos? any advice gratefully accepted.

Stevie D
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That's great for you.
As far as suggestions sorry don't have any. I would keep mine simple.
magicmoment
View Profile
New user
Down Under Australia
54 Posts

Profile of magicmoment
You need to remember that as an entertainer you are also a business man. You are basically selling yourself. Just as a product needs a good sales pitch so do you. A photo is a must, they need to know who they are hiring. In your description explain the uniqueness of magic as a form of entertainment and what you offer. As far as prices go, I wouldn't include it unless you have already pre-arranged something with your manager? A wedding for example could have as little as 50 people to as much as 1000, hence the price would differ and so I usually quote accordingly. If you can afford to get a demo cd put together it will be invaluable to you. Kirk Charles in his restaurant book gives some great advice on some of these areas. All the best and good luck.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Some good advice keep it coming. I think I'll leave prices off
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I would defiantly get a profession page down. Full color with full descriptions of what you offer. I agree with the now prices. One reason that was not mentioned is that some people book these halls a year in advance. You do not want your pricing to be out dated.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
You may want to include some references you have worked for.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
steve j
View Profile
Special user
Long Island, New York
559 Posts

Profile of steve j
Make sure that you include your experience, no one wants to hire an amateur. This may be why I get more shows through my agent than free lance, I simply don't have the same reputation as the agent, that and when peope come to me they see an eighteen year kid...i wonder how to change that. Be sure to put your experience in there, not necessarily verbatim of you experience to date but a hand full of the situations that you have performed in to show your durability (if that is the right word).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My big break (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL