The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » My routine for the tale of Rapun(k)zel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Once upon a time, there was a young prince, and as young princes were wont to do, he rode through the forest.
As his horese grew tired, he stopped to rest by a stream.
At this stream there was a strange looking old man who said he knew the future the prince would live, and that he had for him a gift to help him gain that future!
The old man handed the prince- a ball of cord, then POOF!, he vanished in a cloud of dust.
The prince looked at the ball of cord, put it into his pocket, shrugged his shoulders, and climbed back onto his horse. (No one ever said he was very smart, or inquisative)
Riding along, he came to a tower with no door, and only one window, waaaay at the top.
Having vaguely remembered the tales his father told him, he realized this must be the tower of Rapunzel- the lady with the long hair!
Dutifully, he called out as the tales had described "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"
Just then, he was showered in a great pile of multicolored hair! Looking up, he saw a face high above him, with a bright blue Mohawk haircut.
"Sorry! the girl above him called out- Rapunzel left ages ago, I just moved in and an cleaning things out a bit."
Well, the prince was a bit taken aback, but, he was young, and sort of looking for a girlfriend, so he pulled out the ball of rope and thought to make himself a climbing device.

Just then he realized that the rope had been cut into pieces!
The prince tried to tie them together, but, his knots were not so great. Looking at his faithful horse, he lamented out loud about never getting to go on a date.
Just then, the horse turned into the odd looking old man-"Silly prince, you must first make them all the same" he explained, grasping the ropes.
The prince took the three, now even, bits of rope and looked at the old man.
"Go on, tie them together now..." "WAIT, not like that, silly prince, let me show you." The old man took three pieces and tied them into three loops. "Then you connect the loops to make a rope ladder, see?"
"Now since this is a magic rope ladder you just climb up!"
The prince was getting really excited by now, and the girl with the blue hair was shouting encouraging things at him too! (at least he hoped they were encouraging things)
Just then, the strangest thing happened! The Prince had an idea! "If I just take THIS piece of rope, and stretch it up straight, I can climb up and get to the girl with the blue hair!"
So he did just that. stretched the rope up until it stayed up, and climbed up the rope to the girl in the tower. Being a well bred suitor, he of course recalled that one should always bring a gift, so the Prince snatched up the rope, and shook it loose, where it changed into a lovely silk scarf that jus matched her hair!
Oh yes, well it might not have been hallily ever after, but most of the time they got along quite well!
The odd old man? Well the King used his disguise less often now that his son was out of his hair, Now then, if his lovely long haired wife Razell would just let him watch the football games on Sunday in peace....

I use a combination of the PNM, the linking ropes, and the rope to silk for this tale!
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Funny kay Smile

"Just then, he was showered in a great pile of multicolored hair! Looking up, he saw a face high above him, with a bright blue Mohawk haircut"

but still bizarre....
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Truely inspired Kay! I have long been an advocate of bizarre/storytelling magic for children, and this is a great example (not that it wouldn't play well with adults as well). It has to be the most effective use of rope to silk that I have every heard of! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » My routine for the tale of Rapun(k)zel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL