The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 'Black Envelope' DVD problem... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Hi All,

Does anyone out there who owns the 'Black Envelope' DVD have sound problems (decreased volume) in its sub-sections?

Frank. Smile
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Yes, my copy has that same problem. I just turn up the volume at those points.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Quinn!

I thought I was going deaf...

Frank. Smile
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
Great trick..bad DVD..can't access the menu either.. Smile
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
Yes those sound problems are on all the DVDs. I do not think it is a major problem though.
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
DA;
It seems Bob Kohler is putting out some real c**p when it comes to DVDs. I bought the Troy Hooser DVDs and they wouldn't even play in my player. I exchanged them, and they still wouldn't play. Mr. Kohler doesn't bother to answer emails either. Smile Smile Smile
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

...I think the crux of the problem lies in the fact that 'magic' DVD's as a whole are not authored professionally, just as 'magic' books are not published by the big publishing houses (not that you'll find a magic book with a missing index or cover that won't open (lol)).

Frank.
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
Quote:
On 2002-11-09 05:02, Devils Advocaat wrote:
...I think the crux of the problem lies in the fact that 'magic' DVD's as a whole are not authored professionally, just as 'magic' books are not published by the publishing houses(not that you'll find a magic book with a missing index or cover that won't open (lol).

Frank.

As a note, I'd like to mention that the new Palms of Steel 2 DVD IS THE MOST WELL PRODUCED DVD ON THE MARKET!! Smile This thing is just FUN to watch! I hope that Magicsmith continues to put out DVDs of this quality. The menu was pretty. The performance shots were clean. The sound was recorded with clip on mikes, so everything is clear. The explanations were shot in a beautiful blue screen-type room. And they are over the shoulder. (Actually, I take that back... 2 of the explantions are shot outside of what looks like a hotel at a very nice garden table type setting.) Anyway I only have the highest regards for this video. I hope that all magic DVDs will live up to this new standard.

-Jason
jonnyt
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of jonnyt
yea, the Black envelope DVD is so hard to use casue you cant just move to the previous/next chapter

i think the Jeff McBride 'art of card manipulation' DVDs are pretty decent quality
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 'Black Envelope' DVD problem... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL