The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Which silk production was that? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I would of done a search for this silk production but don't know what it's called. However! for those who've seen Mr. Electric perform it's the silk production he does leading up to the chandelier production.

The single silk in hand unfurls showing another tied to the end, that silk pulled off and perfomer repeats the unfurling production of silks.

A good friend showed me how to roll the silks and I currently do it with six 36" silks. I just feel obliged to know what it's called and who it's credited to.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
It was in one of the Marconick books. I could be wrong but I believe it is a variation of the Diminishing silk Production maybe invented by Eric Lewis.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Randy:

I believe RWhit is correct; I'm pretty sure it first appeared in Marconnick's silk book and was called "Snap Silk Production." Silk King Studios also had a small book called "Capers with Colors" that had the diminishing silk production (same idea, but the silks got smaller each time), but I think Marconnick was first.

Ron
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is the Diminishing Silk Production by Eric Lewis. It is in one of the trilogy books of Lewis.

It was also sold by Harold Rice (under agreement with Eric Lewis)

Marconik's version did not use not but a special fastener. It was made and sold here by Magic Inc.

Marvin's routine and explaination is on the Stevens tape or dvd.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thanks guys. I didn't realize that each produced silk diminished in size. Well it's been years since I saw Mr. Electric on a television special but I recall him doing the same production but can't recall if each silk diminished in size.

Either way it's a great production for those not wanting to use a production box, tube, or bag.

And finally, although it is covered in Marconick's book, do we all agree that it was 'Diminishing Silk Production' by Eric Lewis as cited by Richard in one of the Lewis Trilogy books?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Marvin's did not diminish in size. Eric use the diminishing of the silks as a comedy relief and also used the off beat for a steal into the other silk.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just get the Mr. Electric tape or DVD from Stevens Magic.

http://www.stevensmagic.com

In the video he explains his silk production in detail and even gives his 'locking' tips. The way he does it all the silks are the same size.

I think this is one of the best silk productions around.
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Johnny Hart used to use this some years ago as a build up to producing (I think) a cockatoo - I worked out my own way to do it with 24 inch silks and used it as a build up to a production from the silks.

It sort of 'covers' any hint of a final production, because you are producing the silks. The final production, whatever it is, is the kicker.

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation x 2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-11-09 13:25, wmhegbli wrote:
Just get the Mr. Electric tape...

Bill you won't believe how I misread that one the first time. LOL

It has been years since I have seen Mr. Electric. And here we are at Christmas again. His time of the year! Wired!

Now, for that routine with electrical tape... (Actually I have an old PA system that looks the part.)

Back on topic, going from large to small in a silk production is grand cover for all kinds of productions to include a bucket full of rabbits (Lucy). Remember that it ultimately gives you two load areas: one under the silk load and one behind the silks. Putting your (left in my case) thumb in the back edge of the silk production and pushing toward the audience (down stage) will also increase your side angle protection to allow you to go closer to the foot lights to produce the final load. To the world you are out in the middle of nowhere when the production takes place.

I'll have to say I just love it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Thanks for the clarification guys. I use and appreciate this effect prior to a couple of large productions. I just had to be sure of it's originator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Which silk production was that? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL