The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Forum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the conjurer
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of the conjurer
Hi All--

I was hoping to start a discussion/forum on the one and only "Zombie".

An open discussion about all things Zombie.

Like--

1. Design or should I say "different designs" and "versions" other than the traditional silver ball. Other objects, like a skull, wine goblet, violin, or other item. Yes, I am aware the above mentioned items have been used. But I was wondering about others. What object do you feel is perfect for this effect?

2. Explaining what a Zombie is to the audience. To quote Tommy Wonder, "What is the Zombie? Is it heavy? Why does it float? What causes it to float? What "storyline" do you use? If Any?

3. Performance tips. Things you "do" or have heard of that help to make the "floating" more convincing.

4. What do you tell your audience is your reason for using a cloth? Or do you?
Or do you use something different than the traditional foulard?

5. Music and staging. What music and staging do you feel helps the effect? Makes it more convincing. Helps aid in the appearance that the object is floating.

6. Beginnings and Endings. Like Vernon said, "How do you get into it and how do you get out of it?" How do you introduce the object to be floated? What ending or endings work the best for you?

Now I have studied the Zombie.

All Schneider
Tommy Wonder
Losander
Tom Palmer
Joe Karson
Neil Foster
Lance Burton
Norm Neilsen

And--

I have done a search here in The Magic Café. Wow! 75 pages of posts with the work Zombie in them.

Lots of great information out there.

But--

What I was hoping to do was use The Magic Café as a place for those who are unpublished or do not have a video out to discuss and contribute to making this effect better.

It is a "classic"

Still being taught at The Chavez School and has been a staple in many great acts.

What can you contribute to help others in magic to make their performance of this classic magic effect even better?

I look forward to hearing from all of the great people who post on The Magic Café.

Thanks,

The Conjurer
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
I personally like the classic silver zombie ball. Since the surface doesn't have any reference points, the audience can't see the ball tilt or change planes in any of the moves.
The ball can be introduced as heavy, set down, then float as weightless. Or, for a more mysterious effect, the ball can appear and then float.
Music adds mystery to the zombie. The creator wanted it to be a weird effect (thus the name zombie).
I think a good vanish, as taught on McBride's Video, ends the routine nicely.
As for the foulard, I would just leave it as part of the mystery....
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
You aren't forgetting Tim Wright are you?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Forum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL