The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New straitjacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Hello everyone, I just recently recieved my straitjacket and I can escape from it with the front strap to prevent my arms going over my head. There are two things, first my left wrist really hurts just in the past day I've had my jacket. I had broken that wrist a couple years ago but nothing major. And another is my d-rings slide when I struggle to get out. I feel this is killing the challenge. so I wanted your opinion if you know why my wrist hurts or if yours does too( and what you do for your wrist) and if there is a way to make my d-rings not slip ( I was thinking of roughing them up a little) thanks.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi,

What sj is that you are using?

As for the wrists. I use a couple of excerises on my wrists. I have particularly thin and weak wrists so use these excerises for strength and flexibility.

First place your palms together, fingers pointing upwards (as if you're praying) at about chest hight. Now push your wrists down, keeping your palms together. Push down as far as you can without going so far that it hurts. Don't force or jar it.

Now turn your hands over. Palms still together but fingers pointing downwards. This time raise your wrists upwards.

Now do the same movements but with the backs of your hands together. These 4 different movements will, over time, increase your wrists flexibility. Do it 2 or 3 times every day.

To increase strength I use some putty. Not sure what the actual name is, but climbers use it to increase strength in the fingers and it also works out the wrist. This comes in a number of different strengths. Start at the beginning and work your way up to the really hard stuff. If your grip is quite strong anyway, it may be better to start nearer the harder stuff. It gets softer as it warms up. I just play with it when sat watching TV (the same place I practice picking cuffs).

I hope this is of some use.

RW
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
magiGlen
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magiGlen
Thanks a lot Roslyn. Love your website too.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cheers Glen, very kind of you to say Smile

RW
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » New straitjacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL