The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJ repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Ok, on tour, I managed to rip out the armpit of my Humain SJ (ungaffed) Is there a good way I can get it repaired without it looking like a gaffed jacket? Or am I going to just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one?
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Facade
Find a shoe shop in your area. The one I use does a great job as they have the machines to mend heavy material. You may be able to see that it has been patched up but so what... you get the "Rustic" hard working look.
Good luck!
Cindi
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Shoe shops are good, and I have sure used a couple in the past... but sailing shops are far better if you can find one in your area. Mending a SJ to them is exactly like mending a sail, with all the correct stitchings and threads automatically included. No need to tell these guys anything.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Thanks for the advice. There isn't much for sailing shops here in Iowa, But there are a few luggage, and harness shops that do repairs here too. (I'll see what I can swing, right now I just need the darn thing fixed, do some more shows and get another to use, and then use the current one I have as a backup)
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
I usually use the cobblers (english for shoe repairers). They have the machinery to cope with the canvas. I haven't had any problems and find they do a good job.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes Weasels act has been associated with a load of old cobblers for quite some time!
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Ken
You ain't ly'in Smile
Weas did such a wonderful job in the 2 JailBreaks here in Fla. and packed the house at the Old Jail since it was announced in the paper 2 days before. Locals brought him small tokens to welcome him to the USA. That was a nice touch! The UK can be very proud of his efforts over here!
Take a look at his updated site...

http://weasels-escapes.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I know,,,but its a shame he had to come back,,,,we thought we had got rid of him at last !

Nice site,,,
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Cheers Mate (I mean Mr Kondini),

Thanks for your kind words. All that after I shave my head to look like you. As you are retiring soon I thought I could get away with filling the vast hole your head had left. Unfortunately I was caught out for looking 40 years younger. lol

Weas
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Now children that's how you could end up if you take drugs!!!
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Hey Wild Man Weas,
You best pull that Avatar or you'll lose your little Girly Groupies Fan club at the Old Jail that were nipping at the heels of your "Billy Idol looking Self" until I had to "Shooo" them out of your JailCell to carry on with Photos
( eye roll ) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJ repair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL