The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Color changing ball to jumbo square joke ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
Folks,
It occurred to me that this trick must lend itself to loads of puns, gags and bits of business. At the end, you have a black ball, a red ball and a red square. Here's what I've got so far:

This trick comes in handy if you want your palm red (displaying red ball in palm of hand

Hey, I'm glad it worked, last time I got caught red-handed (same gag - attention drawn to red ball and hand)

If I keep up these bad jokes I'll get deported back to red-square (drawing attention to... well you guessed it)

This man's not laughing! He's going to get a lump of coal (hands him the black ball)

Hey everyone! Its a Square Dance! (Pretends to make the square "dance" on table, or palm)

(Tucks square just a little inside of belt) Check it out: Sponge Balls, Square Pants! (Displays balls - square, draws attention to pants)

I'm on a roll!!! (Displays one of the balls, rolling it across the table, etc.)

......... I'm looking for more - ideas?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
In a David Ginn lecture he said that Goshman and him made a gimmick like the square one but it is made of a red hand and the joke is that you put the "ball" in your left hand, then you slopily and quikly put it in your right hand, open your left hand and look as if you just made a wonderful task of making it vanish, the kids say it is in your right hand you say "ok, you caught me RED HANDED!" Showing them the red hand. I liked the idea!!
adrianbent
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of adrianbent
I think that's where I got the idea for the first two jokes! Perhaps we were both at the lecture that evening. PM me if you'd like ;-)
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Yes, sure enough, we were. I live in Halifax too. Are you going to the next meeting, Id like to see you, I believe it is on the 28th.
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
This isn't a patter recommendation but I really like the routine that Dan Harlan does with this trick on his packs flat plays big children's show DVD. His use of a paper bag with the trick is really fun and he gets a great response from the kids. After watching it I think it could easily be adapted to adult programs as well. It's kind of a mix between the sponge ball to square and the napkin over the head trick. (Slydini)

Check it out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Color changing ball to jumbo square joke ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL