The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What is this levitation called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
What is this levitation called,where the magician lean back and balances his whole body only with his 2 feets while his whole body is paralal to the ground?this was performed in T.H.E.M. and criss angel's tv special "mindfreak".i know nothing about this trick but it looks so amazing.plz give some feedbacks and reviews about this effect.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Haven't seen it performed by Chris angel or THEm, but it sounds like Doug Malloys The Lean.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
If the lean is the one where you lean forward then it isn't the effect he is looking for, the effect he is looking for is more like what neo does in the first matrix film when he is dodging bullets, I don't know if this is marketed anywhere, or if Criss had it made specially for him.
Skarn
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Skarn
Yes, the one he is talking about Criss does in a park to supposed strangers. I don't buy that, but it is still cool. It's where he starts off with them standing....then they lean back while he "spots" them for balance/support. He then has them lift one leg. In the end, the spec is totally parallel to the ground with only one foot on the ground and the leg is bent at a 90 degree angle...the other leg is up with the rest of the body, parallel to the ground.

I can take an educated guess as to how it's done, but it's just that...a guess. I haven't seen this effect marketed though.

Skarn
It's better to burn out...than to fade away....
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I don't think this is exposure, cause it isn't detailing the method of any trick I use in reference. It looks like a move in belly dancing called a turkish drop, only in casic movement anyway. In mindfreak looks like he was searching for the right place of the ground with his foot. So it could be an altered effect to suit that kind of "levitation". I was thinking a modified broom levitation, which I won't say hwo it works, used on one leg. Or possibly a modified version of the lean as mentioned above. And I don't know how the lean works.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
Quote:
On 2005-11-19 13:31, jayp wrote:
If the lean is the one where you lean forward then it isn't the effect he is looking for, the effect he is looking for is more like what neo does in the first matrix film when he is dodging bullets, I don't know if this is marketed anywhere, or if Criss had it made specially for him.

Yes....it looks exactly what neo did in matrix.but this time it's live,infront of real spectators,and it's much slower.it looks unbelivable.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
"I don't know". LOL sorry man just wanted to say that.. Hope you find it.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Protik let me know if you find it I would look on my part
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Sound really nice. haven't seen it performed but it is interesting.
post a link if you find one
thanks

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What is this levitation called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL