The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Will someone please post review for TC Coin Frame (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Can anyone tell me anything about this effect?

http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/shop/produ......c56f8127

Thanks for all of your help and take care,

Bryan
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
Hi Bryan.
Since the TC Coin Frame was currently released, only a very few have been sold. Tony and I are both carrying the item. Essentially, it's concept is like Copenetro, only the mechanism quite a bit easier to execute, allowing you to concentrate solely on your performance.
Tony built the prototype about 2 years ago, but couldn't find someone to fabricate them in quality and quantity. He came to us and we took the piece to one of our favorite builders who's done some very brilliant things for us. After a couple more complex units were built and tried, Tony scaled down the mechanics. He carries the Silver Pewter finish model and we carry the Natural Wood finish model.
While the coin stand is typical, Tony's handling of this prop is stunning.
The frame's release is very easy to operate.

While the routine comes complete with detailed instructions, we're toying with the idea of a download explanation or Dvd. More than likely, we opt for the download as to not increase the retail.

Please contact either Tony or myself for further details.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Years ago in the early 1960's, Ken Allen had a beautiful effect called Frame Fantastique which was this exact effect. Typical of Ken's work, it was made in clear lucite which was not such a common material for making magic in those days. It was VERY nicely made. I don't know how Tony Clarke's works, but Ken's was simply a simple card frame converted to use for coins. If you don't know how the basic card frame works, then I haven't given out any secret. The frame had insets for the coins, so they appeared in a pretty square configuration that almost filled the frame area. Because of the insets, you were restricted to using half dollar. The vanishes were done by either sleight-of-hand or by using an Okito box. It was a very cool item.
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
You are correct, runawayjag. As a matter of fact, Hankie sold a copy of Frame Fantastique about 18 years ago. It, too, was made from lucite. Never saw this method; not sure if it's similar to Tony's.
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Hi. As sleight of hand is not my forte, can you please tell me if the four coins can be vanished into the frame they are initially seen in as in the Copenetro effect? Thank you.
Eric.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Will someone please post review for TC Coin Frame (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL