The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Lighter from a belt buckle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
My name is Moises Lima, from Brazil.
I saw the other day in a video a magician from Japan that took out of his belt buckle a lighter to light up his cigarette and proceed to do some cigarettes manipulations.
This is apparently not a magician's gadget, but a smoker’s item to "look cool".
I want to buy one of this, but I am having a hard time to find it in the web (probably because my poor English).
BTW, this is not a giant buckle, but a regular looking buckle that opens up and reveal the lighter.
Thanks for your help and any corrections you want to make regarding my choice of words to make my post more understandable will be appreciated.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
The magician is Cyril. I, too, am looking for the buckle.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
You can find them at hot topic.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
That's right, it was Cyril that I saw. Thank you guys for the links, but I am looking for a buckle that look more like a regular one, that I can use with a suit. I don't want to be the biker magician... 8P
If you guys find the one that Cyril use or similar, please PM me and/or post it here. I'll do the same. Thanks
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
More than an year latter and I still didn't find it...
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
With the size of a Zippo lighter, I don't think you are really going to find one that is smaller...At least not small enough to go with a suit.
I have one of the larger ones (Biker clothes fit my personae) and I think they are great.
Gwyd
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Honestly guys, as cool as it looked for Cyril to do this, and also due to the fact that you cant find the right belt buckle, why don't you try to do something else.. Here are 2 thigns you may want to try:

1) Get the belt buckle from Hottopic, and modify it to your needs. See if you can take the peice that opens up off (the skull part), and replace it with another belt buckle that would fit your persona..

2) Nix the whole belt idea, and get your mind working on how to adapt this to somewhere else on your body.. One thing that may look cool is to modify your shoe/boot with a metal peice that holds the zippo like a holster, and when you need it, kick your foot up, grab the lighter, and there you have it.. Just get thinking and be creative..

Hope this helps,
-Vinnie
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Ok guys, I have been doing some searching, and came across 2 different Zippo Lighter Holder Belt Buckles:

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eComme......U=BS3082 - This first one has very little information, and I'm not sure if the Zippo is held in by a magnet or anything, so I'm not sure it is too safe to wear this one with your zippo if you'll be jumping, or moving all over the place, as your zippo may fall out... Plus, it has a nice look, and I think can be used for anyones persona...

http://www.viciousstyle.com/proddetail.p......RLIGHTER - This one is a bit different... The look is very flashy, and looks a bit more towards the rock image... Also, you will not be using your own zippo for this, as it comes with its own center-piece zippo.. It states that the zippo is held in with a magnet, so that will keep you resting assure that your zippo will stay secure...

Well, I hope this helps some of you guys!
-Vinnie
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Vinnie, thanks for your ideas and research, I apreciate that. But I am obcessed for this belt now for more than an year. I came across the models that you find thousands of times during my quest to find it but I never got close to find the model(or similar) that Cyril uses. I already have a nice lighter/belt bucle, but it works with gas. I want the one that is used with a Zippo, cause Zippos have a lot of proprieties that I need for some tricks, like keeping it lit fore more than a minute in spectators hand without burning their fingers, and of course, the Zippo manipulations. But thanks anyway.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Hi there,

I just happen to browse through this post. Haven't seen Cyril's version of belt lighter, but I've seen something looks ordinary:

http://www.my-magicshop.com/assets/s2dma......ter.html

This one looks like an ordinary belt... Hope that helps.

Best,
Victor
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Nice find, Victor!

Looks as though it runs on butane, eh?

-Vinnie
Tony Webs
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Tony Webs
Belt up - Hey, nitemares666, you don't need the belt with a name like yours. Flames should be coming out of your fingers.
CMG
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of CMG
Talked to Cyril. He said the company doesn't make them anymore. But, he is talking with them to make a limited number so he can offer them on his website.
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Any news after that?
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
LancerReiNi
View Profile
New user
New York
21 Posts

Profile of LancerReiNi
Actually... Everyone's going the wrong way about this belt buckle search.

The type that's available for consumers is actually one that's heavily sold on ebay as well as other online shops including "Hot Topics", etc... There's no latch that holds the zippo in place. It's held there simply because it locks into the mold, I know, because I own one.

However, the one that you saw Cyril using it not available on the market.

The first time I'd seen the belt bucket(that conceals the zippo), was actually on a stage show by "Rico de la Vega".

Now here's the 6 degrees of separation before Cyril and the belt buckle.

"Rico de la Vega" is either a founding member or original member of Magic X.
Cyril is also part of Magic X.
To my knowledge Rico does support/advisement for Cyril's Japanese performances.
I've also seen other members of Magic X using that same belt buckle.

Upon re-watching Cyril's "Hyperspace Magic Under Impact! III", I noticed that same belt buckle being used for another cigarette magic routine. Essentially, it has the Magic X logo engraved on the zippo, and it has a horizontal latch on the belt that locks it into place on the belt. This is probably a custom item, which is not available to the regular consumers.
LancerReiNi
View Profile
New user
New York
21 Posts

Profile of LancerReiNi
Here's some screenshots of the belt buckle lighter I mentioned.

I figured a picture might do a better job of illustrating the point.

Unfortunately, I'm contending with some real confined picture requirements.
500x300 under 75kb :-(

Click here to view attached image.
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
You can find Cyril Style Lighter Belt Buckle on this site.
http://kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=274
Hotbuckles
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Hotbuckles
Hi, guys!!
I have some great news for you all,
I am not dam sure about this but the belt-buckle you all are searching for is available on http://www.hotbuckles.com.

Besides this, if you don't get that one, you can get even more attractive ones from there.

Thanks
Prashant
Hotbuckles Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Lighter from a belt buckle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL