The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Can this be done on the street if your set up.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Yes. Unless you are performing a set show this may look a little odd in the streets.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
All I mean by looking odd is if your performing this in an impromptu manner doing some street magic.

Now if you are a busker and have a set act this will play very well, especially if you have a child come up to "float" . There is a weight limit.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
The chair suspension can be done anywhere. I've even seen street performers perform the '3 Sword Suspension' and 'broom suspension' on the street!

I always suggest to people (and you'll read this in all posts relating to the chair suspension) make the effort and purchase a 'good' solid model, not one of those 'cheap' plastic ones that are available because they don't last. I know this from experience. I ended up buying a model from Bill Smith and it was the best investment ever. I threw away the cheap plastic one I had purchased.

If you have a well built version then weight really isn't a problem! With mine it was never an issue. It would certainly make for good promo photos.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Hello is anyone going to answer? I have like 3 posts here only.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I have never used mine in a completed surrounded condition. However with the right set up of the unit in front of the audience you could probably make it work.

I have set mine up before hand and use it sort of like a table and then went into the suspension.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Good idea James. You can go to your gig, set up the chair suspension and use it as a 'table' in the street then finish with the suspension.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Yeah, you *could* use it that way. But I think it might be difficult to hide the gimmick and the hook-up in up-close, surrounded conditions. You know how people are; they'll get as close as they can, peek up under it, etc. I agree with James ... in a controlled environment, it's possible, but I personally wouldn't want to do it.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I have done the club scene where I "plant the chairs" in the first or second row and simply ask the audience member to allow me to borrow their chair for a moment.
This is not possible in all venues but when t is...do it ! It freaks them out !On another note, I am taking my chair to India next week to use as a "extra" piece for a production I am doing there.
I also think I remember Jamal Keyes ( Is he stil around ? )actually setting up the chair in front of the audience during a dance routine. very interesting as no one went back toward the gimick to check the set up...risky ! but totally possible with practice.
SK
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
It can be done absolutely anywhere...just be creative Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair suspension (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL